The Resistance...

Cadi King was 3 when it happened, to young to shift, or be called a shifters daughter. But at the age of 17, and heat starts she draws all the attention of the surrounding male wolves, drawing in her mate. But, in early 2004, werewolves were discovered, killed, and tortured they go into hiding, can her heat kill hundreds or will it draw in her mate? Read on...

All the pent up anger of watching them day after day, going into heat, and not finding him, I was pissed, not angry. PISSED! I let out a dark growl. Heads snapped to me, and stared past my head, I turned to see a sleek black panther, it's eyes glowing violet. "Shifter!" voices panicked, my hand finding my holster, and snapping the 9 mm out. Aiming at the panther, I closed my eyes, I can't. He let out a soft whine, I bit back a whimper at the sound. He had a family, I could sense it coming from him, being an Alphas daughter. 'Please.' he begged into my head, images of a child with raven black hair with the same glowing eyes, and a woman with a stripe of grey amongst the black silk. I whimpered low in my throat, dropping my head, and releasing the gun. "Cadi! what are you doing my mom asked, raising a 22. "no!" I jumped in front of the panther, "he's alone. It's only him." I spoke shakily, memories of the video flooded my mind. "His mate is dead." he whined lowly at me, and moved unsurely, "he can't reproduce." I grumbled, she shrugged, pushing me behind her, "I'm sorry." she spoke. Before.....