Chapter one..

It was a normal day, well as normal as it gets being an alphas kid. The sun overhead was bright and high, the spring dew coated the short, neatly trimmed grass, and spider webs on the trees seemed to sparkle. Thick fog coated the air, and had an eerie silence to it, it was soothing being alone in nature. 9 years ago, my kind was evaded, captured, and slaughtered by mankind. Humans fought out of spite, determination, and hatred. Hatred for us 'turning' loved ones. I am a survivor. A rebel. "Cadi!" Sam called from the house, I stood from the soft grass and started towards the manor. I got in to see Sam and Dean at the kitchen table, not my parents, but my adopted mom and dad, can you guess? Human. "You need to go get dressed for school. Then eat breakfast." she smiled, Dean nodded, and shoveled Cheerios into his mouth, I nodded, and briskly went into my room, and pulling my baggy tee over my head, and dropping my shorts to my feet, stepping out of them, and pulling out a pair of faded torn jeans with a black tank. I pulled my black mane into a pony tail and threw on some mascara and silver eyeliner, and making sure my silver stud is still in. It masked my scent and kinda put my wolf to sleep when it's in. I grabbed some black converse and started downstairs. I grabbed socks from the laundry room and slid them onto my feet, and laced my shoes, "Mom!" I called, from the door, "I'm leaving!" I yelled, "okay honey!" she giggled, she's like 23, and I'm 16. Fun huh? "bye." I closed the door before getting an answer. Then started on my long walk to school, how I'd love to shift. "Hey!" Fargo's familiar voice chirped, her blonde hair reaching her thighs, she hasn't cut it since 4th grade. 'Soooo, lucky number 17 huh?' She mind-linked me, I nodded, I'm turning 17 in a bit, or well...3 hours. She giggled out loud and linked arms with me, whispering in my ear. "Heat." I swallowed the lump in my throat, Fargo isn't a slut. Per say. Just not a virgin, Heat is three times every 8 months. Her mate died trying to mark her. She almost went mad, clawing at her face, the pain she had not leaving her, and her having to mate another human. "Fargo" I grumbled as she plucked the stud from my nose and balanced it in her palm. Warmth flooded my mind as my wolf unfurled herself from the temporary coma silver causes from touching my skin. Silver is a weakness yet also an advantage by weakening our senses and masking our scent. But also prevents shifting and strength, speed, etc. "Here, before she comes back." she handed my the stud and I slid it back in. Fargo doesn't understand why I hide my wolf with silver, but one day I'll be immune for how long I've been using it. "We are back in hell." Fargo smirked evilly at the group of human males that eyed us, I snorted at them and flipped them off. They rolled their eyes and continued checking out our ass'. Wolves keep to themselves and humans well. Don't know about us remaining wolves, but taking hunters education class and being total muscle is nice, not ripped like the Rock, a nice werewolf, but I had muscle and it showed, that and a four pack. We split up and I started towards gym. My schedule is Hunters Ed. Gun Range. Science Lab. Lunch, then actual Gym. Hunters Ed, is in the gym, which might I add is huge, and we watch videos and take obstacle courses. "Hello Duncan." Mr. Zittz smirked, he is a hunter and I nothing more than to kill him. "No piercings today. We are using my favorite toy." I groaned in annoyance and pulled out my piercing as 3 male wolves fell into the room, gripping their heads, no! not the.... "Finn!" Danielle cried, grabbing him by the shoulders, I never want a mate. He was dying from the burning silver, the smell giving me a burning headache, Zittz had a pistol in his hand, aiming it at Finn and Danielle. "He's a child!" Mr. Davon spoke calmly, "he can't even shift, nor can those freshman." He gestured at Noah and Karis. "What bout her?" he growled, I wanted to slap him but the pounding in my head caused me to drop to my knees. The echo of a shotgun filled the gym, my eyes must've turned black because I saw everything faintly, and little black dots covered my line of sight, I rolled over slowly to see Danielle sprawled on the ground, her hair everywhere and her eyes pure black, her lips quickly turning a lite blue. But the smell hit me like bricks. Blood. Werewolves don't drink blood unless absolutely weak, but only from their mates. "Danny!" I heard a sob as my eyes found the source, a gaping hole in the back of her skull, flesh flaking around her scalp and her eyes slowly fluttered close, "mate." Finn whimpered as Zittz dragged her body away, "you bastard!" I growled viciously at the human. He shrugged as I fell into darkness the butt of his gun coming into contact with my face. Where was my mate...?