A Change

//AN: This is my last chapter that I'm writing for a little bit. No one is commenting or voting, and I don't want to keep writing if no one cares. This chapter may contain sensitive subjects (self harm, suicide, etc) so please take that into consideration before continuing on. Thank you for reading, my Twitter is @CoversMaddi
-Madelyn//

Olivia's POV
-------------------
I walked upstairs as quietly as I could. I call out Madelyn's name, and I listen. She doesn't answer, so I continue to search for her while calling out her name.

"Madelyn? Where are you? Are you okay?" I said frantically. She didn't answer, so I walked up stairs quietly and tried to find her. I checked all of the bedrooms to find nothing. If I hadn't known better, I'd say no one was here but me. Before I could take another step, I heard a loud thud from the bathroom.

"Holy shit, what was that?" I thought to myself. I ran to the bathroom and grabbed the door handle, but it wouldn't budge. "Madelyn, open the door, are you okay?!" No answer. "Madelyn, stop ignoring me and tell me that you're okay!" Still no answer. "I'm gonna break this damn door down if you don't answer me!" Again, no answer.

I'm scared for her right now. She's not answering and I heard a loud thud come from that room just a couple seconds before. I need to find a way into that room. Like anyone else in this situation, I started throwing myself at the door, hoping to God that somehow I could break it. The door wasn't budging, an Madelyn still wasn't answering. I ran downstairs and grabbed the toolbox from under the kitchen sink and started running up the stairs. I threw the box down and I fell to my knees right next to it, I don't know how to disassemble a door, but let's hope I can at least break it with something in this box. I grabbed a random screwdriver I saw and started unscrewing the hinges from the door itself. It seemed to be working, but I needed to make sure I wasn't hurt in this process either.

Madelyn's mom burst through the door and looked around and I looked at her from the top of the stairs and she looked like she's seen a ghost. She runs up the stairs and looks puzzled at me and the screwdriver I'm holding. "Um, what are you doing? Where is she?"
"She's in the bathroom, I came up here and heard a loud thud from in there. The doors locked and she's not answering, so I'm taking off the hinges." She just stood there looking at me like I was crazy for the next 10 seconds while I continued to take the last hinge off the door. She helped me move the door out of the way to see Madelyn lying on the floor unconscious. Various pills were lying next to her scattered across the floor, along with an unused razor blade lying on the counter by the sink. Her mom screamed and started bawling while I pushed past her and ran down stairs to call 9-1-1.