Chapter 3

Stefan's POV

I just met Elena. She looks exactly like Katherine, that's the whole reason I'm here... But then I met those girls. The quiet brunette, and the talkative Blonde.

Natasha and Peyton. Natasha. She's so beautiful. Despite not having heard her voice I know it has to be as gorgeous as she is.

When I finally met Elena all I could think about was Natasha. I walked into class and sat down and a few moments later those girls walked in again. Elena came in behind them and she sat behind Natasha. Peyton sat next to Natasha and then another blonde sat behind Peyton.

Elena's POV

Caroline and I showed Pey and Tasha around the school. We all have most of the same classes. I sat behind Tasha, Tanner came in and started to teach. My phone vibrated and I saw a text from Bonnie, 'Hottie looking your way ;)' I looked around the room. There he is, the guy I met in front of the bathroom, and he was looking over at me. I blushed, maybe today won't be so bad after all.

Natasha's POV

I'm listening to Mr. Tanner, according to Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie he's a real jerk. I felt like someone was watching me so I turned my head and saw Stefan looking at me. He smiled and I blushed and smiled back. I've never had someone look at me like he is. There's been guys who obnoxiously hit on me and Peyton but, no ones ever really seen me.

School let out and Peyton and I walked to the car. We were about to get in when Caroline came over to is with Bonnie.

"Hey Pey, hey Tasha."Bonnie greeted us.

"Hi Bonnie. Hey Caroline." We replied.

"We are going to the grill tonight around 6. You should come!" Caroline said.

"That sounds great!" Peyton said happily she looked at me and I just smile and nodded. "We will meet you there." She said.

Bonnie and Caroline walked off as Peyton and I got into her car.

"That wasn't too bad right?" Peyton asked me with a smile.

"It wasn't too bad." I mumbled.

Peyton pulled out of the parking lot and drove us to pick up her little brother and sister.

Peyton's POV

Since my grandma works at the hospital I need to pick up Anthony and Angela from elementary school. Luckily Tasha's brother and sister are old enough to walk home from their middle school. I parked and got out of the car. Anthony and Angela were sitting on a bench.

"Hey guys! Come on!" I said as I motioned for them to walk over to me.

When they saw me they grabbed their backpacks and ran over to me.

"Peyton!" They shouted and gripped me tightly in a hug. Ever since our parents died they cling to me for dear life even if I only leave the room.

They let go and I took their hands and we walked to the car. We all got in and Tasha turned and asked how their day was.

They both started explaining their day in deep detail. By the time we got home they finished their stories and I smiled.

"You two could talk forever if no one stopped you." I teased.

I handed them my house key and they giggled and got out of the car and ran to the door.

"It's 3:00. Let's do that history and science homework and head out at about 5:30." I said to Tasha.

"Alright." She said as she looked through her bag.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I can't find my notebook." She told me.

"I'm sure it'll turn up." I said to her.

Stefan's POV

Even though I can't stop thinking about Natasha I followed Elena to the cemetery. I still don't know why she looks like Katherine. She started running and fell down a hill, I wanted to make sure she wasn't hurt so I revealed myself.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah, uh.... Were you following me?" She asked breathlessly.

"No I saw you fall." I said.

"And your just hanging out in the cemetery?" She asked sounding accusatory.

"I was visiting, family. You seem fine so I'll leave you alone." I said as I turned and started walking away.

I heard Elena say a faint, "stupid! Elena! Why question!?!?"

After encountering Elena in the cemetery I went to Natasha's house. I looked at the book in my hands, it's Natasha's. I was about to knock when the door opened. There she stood, the gorgeous brunette.

"Uhh, I was about to knock." I said motioning to the door.

She looked shocked to see me.

"I noticed you left this in our writing class." I held up her notebook. It seemed like all the color drained from her face and I immediately knew what she was thinking. "I only opened the cover to see your address, I didn't read anything." I told her honestly.

She breathed a sigh of release the she mumbled softly, "You didn't?" I was right her voice is as beautiful as the rest of her.

"No. I didn't." I reassured her.

"Most people would have." She said this time a little louder.

"I wouldn't want anyone to read my journals." I told her.

Her head snapped up and she asked, "you keep journals too?"

I smiled, "thoughts are too important not to write down."

She smiled and blushed as I continued to look into her eyes.

"Were you going somewhere?" I asked noticing her car keys.

"Um, I was going to the grill with Peyton to meet some friends..." She said then looked into my eyes took a deep breathe and asked, "would you like to come?"

"I'd love to." I said.

"I'm Natasha by the way." She told me.

"I know, I heard your friend in the office and we have English, history, French, and writing together." I said to her.

She just smiled and nodded.

We started walking to her car when the neighbors door opened and Peyton walked out. She froze when she saw me and frowned.

"What's blondey doing here?" She asked Natasha

"Stefan, was returning my notebook, I left it in class." She told Peyton.

Peyton looked at me suspiciously.

"I invited him to the grill." She said with a small smile.

Peyton just got into the passenger side of the car forcing me to get in back. Once we were all in the car Natasha started to drive towards the grill.