Chapter 10

Peyton' POV

Caroline was standing in front of me with a grin and a cake while Damon stood behind her staring intently at me.

"Tasha, said you were making dinner so we brought dessert." Caroline said and barged into my home.

Damon stood on the porch and locked eyes with me, "Hope you don't mind."

I shook my head, "It's no problem." I grinned as he smirked.

I was about to invite him in when Hero Hair Salvatore stepped up behind me and demanded to know why Damon was here. 

"Just, waiting for Peyton to invite me in." Damon said.

"Well Pey won't. We are finishing up anyways." Stefan glared at his brother.

I glared at Hero Hair, "First of all, it's Peyton to you. Second, it's my house I can invite whoever I want in here. Third you have absolutely no say in the matter. You should go back to Tasha, hero hair." I snarled.

Damon chuckled at my last comment.

"Come on in Damon." I said and he stepped into the house, closing the door behind himself.

"Thank you Peyton, you have a beautiful home." He told me.

After thanking him we all went to my front room.

Damon's POV

Her house had a very homey feeling to it. The only thing I could tell that wasn't very family like, was there were barely any pictures and if there were any it was only of Peyton and two little kids and an old lady... Where are her parents? Looking up at her, I saw her smiling at something Bonnie had said to her. Beautiful smile.

We all went into the kitchen to eat, her food was amazing, my dead taste buds were alive with flavor. Suddenly there was a rapid knocking on the door. I listened and heard crying. Peyton stood up looking confused and opened the door, there was an older man with the two kids from the photos. Both were crying, as soon as the door opened they latched onto her.

"Oof." She exhaled.

"Sorry to bother you Peyton, but Angela and Anthony wouldn't calm down and insisted on seeing you." The man said.

"Don't worry Mr. Jacobs. Thank you for bringing them home." Peyton said and then the man left. Peyton closed the door and picked both the kids up, one on each hip and walked upstairs. Using my hearing I heard her walk into a room and sit on a bed.

"Shhh. It's okay guys, it's okay." Peyton soothed.

"We're sorry." They sobbed.

"Hey, don't worry. It's alright, you have nothing to be sorry about." Peyton said.

"The longer we were there, the longer we felt like something bad was gonna happen to you." They said. 

This perked my interest.

"I know, but I'm fine. Okay? Nana is fine. Tasha's fine. Both of you are fine. Nothing happened." She said calmly.

"We're sorry." They sobbed again.

I heard the floorboards creek as she moved, probably to kneel on the floor.

"Listen to me, you have nothing to be sorry about. You got scared. That's understandable, I get scared all the time, especially when I'm not with you guys. I know it must've been hard to have those police officers come get you at Charlie's house, but that's never gonna happen again. You can go to as many sleep overs as you want and Nana and I will always be here when you come back." She told them.

"But... mom and dad weren't." They cried.

"That was a horrible horrible thing that happened, but sometimes those things happen, but it's unlikely that it would happen again, to the same family. I promise." She said as the cries lessened.