Chapter 19: Miss Mystic Falls

Miss Mystic Falls

Katherine was angry at both her sisters obviously for their concern, because she hadn't tried to speak to either Amara or Elena since their accusations on New Year's, but even she seemed to feel pity for Amara once the three girl arrived at Abby Mount to help her pack because she at least tried to follow their conversation.

Amara gulped as she looked around the prestigious brooding school. She couldn't believe that at some point, she had, had so many dreams here, so mane expectations. And Silas, she had meet Silas. How was she supposed to leave Silas behind? How was she supposed to leave any of them behind?

"Amara," Elena spoke up when she saw that Amara had frozen in her steps. "Which one is your dorm room?" All three of them girls were holding cardboard boxes so that Amara could pack their stuff while Jenna waited in the car.

"Oh," Amara looked up startled. "This one." She led them to her dorm room. She relaxed when she saw that everything was just as she had left it, she was also glad that Tessa wasn't there yet, perhaps she hadn't arrived yet.

"What do you want to pack first?" Katherine said in a fake friendly tone as she tightened her black cardigan around her thin frame.

"My clothes." Amara sighed. "Then we can work on the electronic stuff."

Elena and Katherine nodded as they stared packing up Amara's clothes in boxes, not really talking except for the occasional please and thank you. Amara looked up when she heard a knock on the door. She looked up and her heart almost leaped from her chest. Silas.

It seemed that Silas has ran here because his cheeks were pink from running and his scarf was loosely draped over his shoulder. "Amara, you're here-oh." He looked confused when he saw the triplets. "You all look the same."

The girls laughed and Elena shrugged. "You get used to it. I'm Elena."

"Katherine." Katherine said as she waved her fingers at him. "Nice to meet you."

Silas nodded. "You too, I also have a twin-girl though, Lexi. I'll bring her over later." He turned to Amara. "Can I talk to you, in private?"

Amara nodded as she followed Silas into the hallway. She hadn't really told Silas that she'd been expelled and she had no desire too, but she had no idea how she was going to hide it from him. Thankfully, Silas spoke up first. "Listen, I heard this crazy rumor over break that you were expelled because of drugs, stupid, huh?" when he saw that Amara wasn't correcting him, he cupped her face. "No, Amara tell me it's not true."

"It's not, it's not true, in a sense." Amara said. "They found weed in one of my drawers, but it wasn't mine. Someone planted it there."

"Tessa." Silas said in a low growl.

"I don't have proof, but we can both safely say that it's probably her."

Silas grabbed her hand. "We need to go to the headmaster. Tell them that-"

"That what?" Amara's voice broke. "I don't have proof, I got expelled. I'm leaving Silas. . .I'm sorry."

"No, don't." Silas gave her a quick kiss. "Don't apologize, just promise me you won't go down without a fight."

"I will." She lied as she kissed him back. "I'll come say goodbye before we leave."

He nodded, solemnly "I guess I better tell Lexi."

Amara nodded as she went back to her room, Elena and Katherine had finished packing her clothes and were moving towards her computer. Katherine raised her head. "How did it go?"

She sighed. "Hopefully it will get better."

"Well, isn't this charming." Tessa said icily as she came into the room. "I'm seeing triple. Are you almost done? This isn't a very big room you know."

Elena stiffened. Amara glared. Katherine snarled looking very much like a wild cat.

Amara glared at her, her anger was bubbling as she tried to control herself, she was not going to give Tessa the satisfaction of making her cry. "Don't worry, we'll be out of your room soon."

"Good."

Katherine pounced towards Tessa. "You've got some nerve you little bitch! How dare you do that to my sister and for a boy? How sad and pathetic can you possibly be?"

Tessa flushed and she narrowed her eyes. "What are you going to do about it chicken legs? I can bend you like a bendy straw and you know it."

"Well, for starters your pretty face is not going to look so pretty after I'm done with you."

"Katherine," Amara pulled Katherine on the arm. Her sister really looked like she was going to attack Tessa. "Let her go, she's not worth it. She'll never be worth it."

The following week was a blurry of activity and some of the bad news transpired into good news. Elena had managed to get her GED and was taking classes at the local community college for one semester and was planning to enroll at the University for the fall semester in a couple of months, Amara much to her dismay had enrolled back into Mystic Falls high school, and for Katherine the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant was rapidly approaching and her days were filled with meetings and dance recitals.

But the day had finally arrived. Each of the girls had been given a private room so that they could dress. Katherine had opted for a long, black Greek style dress, gold necklace and earrings, and the most adorable black and gold peep toe heels. Jenna had arranged her hair in a messy, curly bun and Elena had managed to do her make up.

Katherine was actually feeling giddy and excited, she turned towards her two sisters and tried not to sound nervous. "How do I look?"

Amara and Elena exchanged looks, honestly Katherine looked like a stick in a black dress, but neither girl wanted to ruin Katherine's special day, so they simply said. "You look beautiful."

"Ok, girls I need you downstairs, Katherine follow me." Carol nodded as she led Katherine towards the staircase where the other girls and their escorts were waiting. She noticed that Elijah was waiting for her dressed handsomely in his tux. But there was something weird in his expression. Concern. Worry. Anxiety.

"Is something wrong?" she asked pointedly.

Elijah quickly shook his head. "No, you look beautiful."

Katherine nervously waited for the five girls in front of her when at last Marissa Otis had passed she gripped Elijah's arm tightly as they walked down the staircase. "Miss. Katherine Pierce and Mr. Elijah Mikaelson."

Katherine's eyes traveled over the crowd. There was Amara and Elena. Damon, Stefan, and Rebekah which was surprising, Jenna, and Alaric? She hadn't seen her father in weeks ever since the divorce, she definitely didn't recognize the girl that was clutching his arm with perfect blond hair. Was that her father's girlfriend?

Katherine could feel herself getting dizzy her grip on Elijah loosen, she felt like she was going to throw up, there were voices all around her and finally she let go and she felt herself tumbling down