Chapter One: Meet

~Jamie~

I get out of my grandmother's car and walk down the hill. There weren't even many people there, I wasn't late but wasn't early.

I see a boy with a black hoodie on, smoking a cigarette. I walk up to him and tap on his shoulder.

"Uh, hi..who are you?" i say

"I'm sammy."

"And you are smoking, why?"

"Uhm maybe because I can do whatever the fuck I wanna do with my body. Do you have a problem?" He snaps.

"Okay dude, you don't have to be rude. No, I don't have a problem. I used to smoke but wasn't stupid enough to do it on school grounds"

"How's that?" he asks

"what?" I ask, confused.

"Not doing what you want, how is that going for you?"

I decide not to say anything, he clearly has some sort of problem.

Then he goes in his back pocket and pulls out his pack of Newports, takes one out, grips it with his teeth, lights it, then gives it to me.

"oh no, i don't"

"cmon, it's a school full of people and you choose to speak to me, i'm assuming you're pretty lonely."

"no.. fine."

I say then snatch it from him.

"cunt." i say,partially mumbling.

" I heard that. hey, what grade are you in?"

" I'm a junior"

"Yeah same but,warning: You might not want to hang around me, or you won't see yourself hanging out with anyone else."

"Oh trust me. If you hang out with me, I will make sure they back off."

"Okay" I say, wondering what he meant by that.

We start walking towards the entrance to the building and press the button so the office can open the doors for us.

When we get in Sammy goes in his back pocket and pulls out a white sheet of paper. I assume it's his schedule.

"What's your first block?"

I look down at the paper then say "Oh sick! We have like 3 classes together! Here. I can take you."

Then we walk down to the 9th grade hallway and I have to stop at my locker to put away my bag.

I open it and I forgot I had a wincest pic.

"Jamie, you ship wincest? You seem so innocent"

"Yes, but only in an alternate universe where they aren't brothers because their personalities are so fucking perfect for each other. But no, I'm not fucking innocent. Just very weak."

"I ship them too but in the exactly same way. Kinda odd someone else said that."

I then smile at him and he almost smiled back but I can see that he didn't want to and hid it. I wonder what happened to him.

"Oh shit. That's where my ciggarettes were! Nice!"

"How the fuck did you lose 5 packs of ciggarettes Jamie?"

"Leave me alone, I hid it in this small pouch at the bottom so nobody would find it but I guess I forgot"

"You're an idiot."

"Leave me alone."

I look at his jacket and notice a small red mark near the sleeve and pockets.

"What's that" I say while pointing at it

"Oh,it's nothing, don't worry about it. We should go to class anyway" Then he starts walking.

"Sammy."

"What?"

"I have to show you where it is Dumbass"

"Whatever. Okay."

Then I catch up with him and the room is basically right there.

"Really? I think I could've figured out where that was."

"Just come with me."

Then I open the door and everyone in the room look at us. God,I hate when people do that when you walk in late it's so fucking obnoxious.

"You must be Sammy" the teacher says

"Yeah. I'll choose my own seat, thank you."

Then I look at Sammy with a certain face because what the fuck? It's like he doesn't care. I kinda like it but I don't know. He goes and sits at the seat that was beside mine, then I go over and sit down.

"Stop following me."

"I'm not this is where I sit."

Then he just turns away and gets this little yellow sheet of paper out of his pocket and a pen.

"What's that?"

"My list."

"List of what?"

"I can't say too much,but it's a list of people that I will consider are safe."

"Safe from what?"

"That's a secret."

When he said that apart of me sent chills up my spine and I don't know why.

What does he mean by safe?God, do I even wanna know?