Chapter Five: Confusion

~Jamie~

I'm so worried. I haven't heard from Sammy in over 3 days. He's not answering any of my texts or calls,nhell I even tried to show up to his house and I literally couldn't find him anywhere. I'm so fucking worried.

Nia turns over in bed beside me and grabs my hand.

"Why are you up so early babe?" She says sleepily.

"I'm trying to get to Sam. He's been on ghost mode for days now."

"Jamie I told you not to worry about that idiot. Do you know what types of stuff he does to people?"

"Nia,can you stop?! You don't know anything about him. You don't know how much he's been through."

"Well what are you in love with him or something?!¹"

"Maybe I am."

Then I leave the room without saying anything. I go outside and walk to Sammy's house. I just know he has to be here.

I knock on the front door and I wait for about five minutes. No answer. I sit and wait for him to come.

Sammy

"Yo what the fuck was that shit yesterday Nia?"

"You know what it was." She snaps back.

"How the hell did you know?!"

"Don't you remember?"

"Remember? Remember what?!"

"You tried to hurt me."

"Wh- oh. Natalie....You're Natalie from 8th grade."

"Yeah. I remember that night so fucking vividly."

Flashback

Nia

I'm running as fast as I can but I think he's catching up to me. I don't think my legs can take this any longer.

I make a right and try to run faster because I feel him getting closer behind me. I'm too late. I feel him grabbing me by the neck and holding a knife up to it. I panic.

"It's either you die now, right here, right now. Or you run. Run and you never stop running. Run for your fucking life my little Natalie. I'm giving you a chance."

Then he gives me one last kiss. I feel everything within that kiss because I still love him even though he wants to hurt me.

Even though he wants to kill me.

Flashback over

Sammy

Then all the memories come back to me.

Natalie.

My love.

"I'm sorry....I just...You loved him when you should've loved me okay?! You hurt me so I was trying to hurt you.... I'm sorry."

"I still do love Jamie."

"Jamie? I-It was Jamie?"

"Yes. He made me feel things you couldn't make me feel."

Then I lean in and give her a big kiss for the first time in a long time.

"Woah S-Sammy"

Then she leans towards me and starts making out with me. Her beautiful lips on mine and I never want to let them go.

"I always loved you." I said.

"I never stopped loving you. I can't love Jamie. You're my first love.and nothing compares to the first love."

"I say let's forget about this town. Forget about everything. Forget about Jamie.We can live in our own house, doing what we wanna do and no one can stop us. What do you say?"