Chapter Two: Hurt

~Jamie~

So. Today is my fucking birthday.

What the fuck ever.Not important.

If it were someone would've told me happy birthday but no, i'm sitting here in the back of science crying. But of course, nobody notices.

Sammy isn't here but I need him to be. I don't care if I just met him yesterday, he's been the closest thing to a friend to me in awhile. Everybody just gave up on me. But I guess I knew that was gonna happen anyway.

I see Sammy then walk in.

Finally! It's 10 am! I guess he's late because he was chain smoking again.

He sits beside me and then presses his head down on his palms. Instead of asking what is wrong, I just turn away and go back to crying. I'm too sad to talk to anyone. Not because no one wished me happy birthday it's just that there's too many sad memories from my birthday.

Well,my dad who had already left me and my mom years before, raped me on my 9th birthday.

That's when I started hurting myself. And then my mom saw my bruises and sent me to a mental hospital.

Which happened to also be on my birthday. And I didn't come back until it was six months later.

Sammy then looks over at me. He touches my shoulder.

Okay,I didn't know he even liked human contact with anyone. Especially not me. I know that we are practically friends now but he just seems like.....he shuts out the world like me. And he probably does. It's just that i'm too vulnerable to completely shut out anybody. That's how I still get attached. And hurt.

"What's wrong J?"

"Nothing. I'm okay."

"Then why are you crying?"

"Because it's my fucking birthday."

"Oh.Well..Ha-"

"Don't. It's not happy at all."

He then slowly starts to hug me and lets me put my head on his shoulder.

"I thought you didn't have a heart Sam"

"Well. It may seem that way. But you're hurt and I just want you to be okay again"

Then I look up and smile at him and he almost smiled and tried to hide it again.

"I saw that."

And then he smiled really hard.

"I love you" He said.

"Huh?"

"Shut up. I didn't say anything."

"I know what you meant. I know that it's purely platonic.....That is if we are even friends."

"I guess we are....But I still hate you."

"Why?"

"You took one of my cigarettes." Then he made a joking frowning face.

"Wow Sammy"

It's quiet for awhile before I speak again.

"I love you too, by the way."

"Platonic. Right Jamie?"

"Yes. Of course." But for some reason my mind said no.

Sure, I thought he was cute when I first saw him but I just now met him. I barely even know anything about him. So no. Not romantically. Shut up brain!

"Here's my phone number if you want it. " He says while holding out a small slip of paper.

"Thanks. I'll just text you and say 'hey slut' and you'll know it's me."

Then he smiled, But now this time he didn't try to hide it.

Good.

_________________________
Oh and by the way, Sammy and Jamie are trans. Sorry for not mentioning this. -Author