C H A P T E R S E V E N;

Is this the high or is it the low,

He lays on his couch. He's on his back, staring up at the cracked ceiling. He's practically naked, in nothing but his boxer shorts. He's sweating. The walls are moving. He's soaking wet. He feels like he can't breathe. His chest feels so heavy.

The come down is hard. He's afraid. He's never felt like this in his life. The room is shaking, or is that just him? He's been high before, he's had come downs before but nothing was like this. /what the fuck did I take?/

He attempts to sit up, at least he thinks he does. Instead he just lies there, completely still, in the centre of the couch, stretched out, arms and legs dangling over the edge. The only thing he can hear is the rise and fall of his chest. His heart is beating so fast. Is he going to die?

He doesn't recall how he got here. How he ended up back home in his dorm, lay on his own sofa. He's afraid. He would try to call out for help but he's not sure anyone would hear, he's not one hundred percent sure he can.

His mind flashes back, he remembers the boy handing him the three pills. He remembers swallowing them, throwing them back with the help of a beer.

If he lays here, just stays here, he reasons that eventually it will subside, eventually it has to subside, eventually the come down will pass, maybe if he's lucky in between that time, he'll fall asleep.

His mouth feels so dry. His head is spinning.

He curses himself. How could he be so fucking stupid? He didn't even question what he was taking? /Everybody does it, can it really be worse than anything I've done before?/ he had told himself, an attempt to ease the guilt. He regretted it all now.

He has no idea how long he's been lying here. He thinks he can see the sky lightening outside, the sun coming up. /someone please fucking help me/ he begs.

He's relaxing now, his heart is slowing, his breathing is steady, his body relaxes, his muscles ache from being tense for so long. How long bad he been like that? It felt like days but it could only have been hours. The room stands still. The high or rather the low, the comedown subsidies finally.

He manages to sit up. There's a glass of water next to the couch. He breathes in and out. His feet find the floor. They feel steady at least.

Although she did technically agree to go, Scully had dreaded the party all afternoon, on the way there and when she had arrived and even during for a while. It was a causal party so she was in comfortable clothing, and as promised Kitt did stay with her a lot of the time.

In the end she had enjoyed the party. For one reason in particular, she had met Mike.

Mike was a tall guy, he must have been over six foot. He had come over to her as she stood chatting with Kitt and some other people Kitt knew. When she first saw him approach her she felt her body tense, she didn't not want a repeat of the incident at the club.

Instead he had walked over confidently but gently, he smiled as he approached her.

'Hey' he said with a soft voice. 'I'm really sorry, just, I saw you standing over here and just you're really pretty and I was wondering if maybe you'd like to talk?' He seemed a little shy, he didn't look like the type of guy who would be shy talking to girls.

Dana moved a strand of hair behind her ear, 'sure' she smiled. He's charming, brown hair dangles over his brows, friendly green eyes.