Unfolding feelings

~Jungkook's P.O.V~

I walked around back to the pool. I know I'm not supposed to be here, but I can't help but want to clear my mind. 

I sat along the edge and dipped my feet into the pool. By the way, I didn't really wear anything fancy to the party. To be honest, I just threw on some shorts, a black shirt, and some combat boots before going to the party. I'm not one to care about my own appearances.

I stared up at the sky, I can't believe I just saw Jemun get hit. She shouldn't have to go through stuff like that. I can't even imagine that such a bright girl like her would have to go through so much...

I grabbed my black, side-banged hair in frustration before dropping my head low. 

"W-What are you doing back here?" I heard her voice. I stiffened, I know I would have to tell her the truth at some point.

I jumped up quickly and turned to look at her. She changed her clothes into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and She looked like she was trying to hold her tears back. There was a big bruise on her cheek and when she saw me looking at it, she covered it up as tears began brimming her eyes.

As soon as she started sobbing, I pulled her into a hug and wrapped my arms around her protectively.

"I saw..." I stated. She choked back her sobs for one second and looked up at me with her teary eyes. It broke my heart to see her in this state... Wait, did I seriously just think that?!

"You did?" She said with a weak voice. I nodded my head in response before holding her even tighter. She bit her lip and avoided eye contact with me before pushing away from me.

"Don't walk away from me." I grabbed her wrist. I felt a weird texture under my fingers and immediately looked at her wrist. She pulled her wrist away from my grasp and rubbed her wrists protectively.

"I'm sorry.." I spoke.

"For what?" She turned and looked at me with concern in her eyes.

"For making you have to handle more shit even with that." I informed her. She exhaled deeply through her nose before wrapping her arms around me.

"It's nice to have someone to hug when your feeling down." She said softly. I held her tightly in my grasp, almost as if she were my own life. When she let go, she revealed a smile to me and her puffy, red eyes were now back to normal.

I mumbled something under my breath which caused curiosity to fill her expression.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing..." I walked over by the pool and luckily she followed me. When she was close enough to the pool. I gave her a little smirk before lightly pushing her in.

When she rose to the surface, she looked so pissed off, which made me burst out laughing at  her.

"Oh you think that's funny...?" Right before I could process what she said, she grabbed me by my shorts and shirt and yanked me into the pool.

When I rose up, I glared at her as she burst out laughing.

"Y-Your face! It's to funny!" She laughed. I stopped glaring and started smirking when a plan to get revenge came into my head.

"Um... What are you thinking?" Jemun had the look of worry plastered on her face. I continued to smirk at her until I my plan started to unfold.

I pulled my shirt up over my head and revealed my abs to her. I threw my shirt onto the concrete siding and looked back at her.

Her face was bright red and she tried avoiding my gaze.

"Come on! Don't ruin all the fun with your blushing." I splashed water at her face and she turned to me.

She stuck her tongue out at me before splashing water back at me.

"Okay, if you're gonna be that way..." I pushed my way towards her and picked her up bridle style.

"Put me down!" She squealed. 

"Okay." I smirked before tossing her into the water. 

When she finally came back up, she threw her arms around me and squealed cutely once more. Her legs wrapped around my waist as she shivered.

"It's even colder for some reason!" She held onto me and rested her chin on my shoulder. It grew silent for a while as we enjoyed the sound of the crickets chirping and the night air.

"Jemun." I broke the silence.

"Yeah?"

"I think I love you..." I informed her.

"What?" She pulled her head away and looked at me at me with widened eyes.

"Nothing..."

"No, tell me what you said." She commanded.

"I said, I think I love you." I answered her. She replied with a shaky sigh.

"You have a girlfriend, don't you? Nara."

"I'm very well aware of that... It's just, your presence is much more comforting than hers. Every time I see you my heart starts racing at rapid speeds and even though I try to deny it, I just can't seem to control my feelings. At first when I saw you, I thought you would be a good toy to play with. But as a couple weeks past, I realized you were more than that to me... Seeing you get hurt broke my heart Jemun, and I want to help." I told her, meaning every word I said to her.

I can't believe it! I actually realized my own feelings! I can't believe all this time I loved Jemun! She's even the first person I have had to come out to. Usually all the girls would come to me within a little glance, but Jemun's different...

"I understand what you're going through, but again, you have a girlfriend... and you are more than likely just playing me right here." She let go of me and put her head down slowly .

"You're so naive... Didn't you here me back in the alleyway? I was being serious." I stated while crossing my own arms.

"Really?" Her eyes widened even more and she seemed shocked by what I just said.

"I'll break up with Nara." I stated.

"What?! No! You can't break her heart!"

"But I don't love her as much as I love you..." I mumbled under my breath. Jemun sighed. I knew she had the same feelings for me as I did for her, which is why it makes it easier for me to break up with Nara.

"I'm not gonna stop you, but I'm not gonna help you either." She replied before hopping out of the pool.

I got out also and put my wet shirt back on. I may be in love with her, but I'm definitely not gonna stop being the little brat that I am.

_________________________________________________________________

Well there you go folks!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Annyeong! Have a good day... or rest of your night, depending on where you live...