I realized

I realized, as I was walking home from the store in the faint glow of the street light

Why getting over you is so hard.

All my life, I've had people I cared about taken away from me while I was powerless

All my life I've been a bad thing for people, yelled at, laughed at, punched, kicked, even spat at.

But with you for once in my life I truly felt accepted, loved whole heartedly, at least for awhile.

But times change, seasons, emotions,  and feelings.

The hole you left is filled by emotions I can't control.

Love, regret, sorrow, hate, anger, betrayal.

These emotions, all take hold at one point or another, make me do and say things I'll regret till the day I die.

This hole was made long ago one afternoon, march eighth to be exact.

The wounds had been made and there was no going back.

Do I regret getting back together? Yes and no.

No because I loved you

Yes because I knew, I knew in my soul that I couldn't let go of the past even if I tried to run from it; it would only poison me slowly and destroy what we had.

You made me feel so accepted and loved that I gave you too much power because I was too afraid of losing you again.

You were the thing that kept me happy, wanted, alive,

And I needed to be a lone wolf again, surviving on my own.

I just wanted to say sorry, apologize for that afternoon, and all the pain I've put you through.

We tried to make it work. 

We really did, but you just stopped loving me.