Chapter Six

RIN'S POV

Rin started to fall asleep. Where am I. This place looks familiar- i-it can't be. Why am I here AGAIN I don't want to be here. Two men walked through the front door and his dad sat on the couch and looked at the men as one put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. Then the man walked over to Rin's mother shooting her from behind. Right when the men walked to Rin's room he woke up gasping for air. Rin pulled a upside down cross from under his shirt. I swore that I would find the men who killed you AND KILL THEM MYSELF. Rin leaned his head back and said, "Please wake up soon Lucy I hate being alone."

LUCY'S POV

Now usually when I sleep I dream, but always 'bad dreams'. Dreams I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Dreams I'd rather die than have live a second in my subconscious.

Slowly I woke up, opening my eyes and sitting up. I glanced around, confused until I'd seen Rin. "Wait what..?", I mumbled completely confused. I heard the soft patter of rain outside the walls and on the roof. Then it clicked, where I was what had happened.

"Oh right..", I mumbled again and Rin in response just chuckled. I turned to look at him confused, "What are you laughin bout?" He just shook his head. Only then did it really register in my mind how cold it really, I wrapped my arms around myself then laughed at my own stupidness.

"Child help me clear a circle out.", I said in a bit clearer tone before jumping up. Rin on the other hand looked at me confused. I shrugged and mumbled, "Or not..."

Once I finished cleaning a circle I raised one of my hands and snapped causing a small fire to ignite. I smirked to myself and laughed softly, "Yup, still got it.." I turned back to Rin and walked over to sit next to him.

"So..", I mumbled trailing off attempting to break the awkward silence yet somewhat failing. "You know your quite cute when you sleep" Rin said as he got up walking to me. I blushed, rolling my eyes and shoving him, "Oh shut up, I'm not cute. Never have been, never will be." "Well I think you are I think your always cute since I saw you this morning", Rin says hugging me from behind.

My face burned with blush, or maybe it was from the fire, either way I covered my face. I mumbled into my hands, " You're a quite physical person aren't you, constantly hugging me or something.. " "I only hug people I care about because I lost two people that didn't care about me", Rin says as he lays his head on my shoulder look at me. I uncovered my face my face twisted into confusion, "Wait, what do you mean?" "I mean I lost two people that I didn't care about my parents" Rin said as he looks at me.

"Oh..", I mumbled automatically regretting asking as I began to think about my parents. At least the little bit I knew about them. My mother was hardly ever around and even at sixteen I don't know why. My father on the other hand, was around but hardly even mentally. He was always in his own world, it was more of me taking care of him than the other way around. So quite simply put I never had a childhood, and barely had parents who are now dead. Despite that fact tears began swelling in my eyes and I automatically looked away.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything" Rin says as he turns me around making me look at him. I shook my head, "No, I-..its okay I'm alright don't worry.." I realized I was just trying to reassure myself, and it wasn't really working.

I hesitantly looked up at Rin and shakily sighed before looking back at the ground. Rin makes me look at him and he says, "Don't make me kiss you to shut you up. I can tell when your not OK because I can smell the difference but I bet you didn't know I'm a wolf and a demon so I can tell the difference in your emotions so stop trying to fake it or I'll kiss you. Got it?" I blushed and quickly nodded but then paused thinking, "Wait so like...can you change into a wolf or is that just superstition..?" "Oh people think it's a superstition. That's funny" Rin says as he turns into a wolf as he looks at me. I stepped back slightly staring at him with wide eyes. "Oh...wow", I mumbled softly still looking at him. Rin turns back into a human but doesn't have a shirt on because it got ripped "I also have wings", he says.

I blushed, nodding slightly, "I have two scars on my back that when I was younger I'd call 'my wings'." I laughed softly remembering rambling about the marks for hours. "That's cute", Rin says as he lets his wings out which are pure black and bone like. "I'm sorry about this", Rin says as he walked up to me and kisses me.

My eyes widened and I pushed him back, "What the fuck was that for?" My hands curled into fists and I stared at him in complete shock trying to ignore my heart pounding in my chest. "I literally just met you and yet you kiss me.", I continued rambling until my words just rushed together. Not even bothering to look him in the eye. I sighed and closed my eyes trying to force myself to think rationally. "Oh my I'm so sorry " Rin said then ran out if the barn at high speeds.

RINS POV
Why am I so fucking stupid she probably thinks I'm some freak. Rin thought while in the tree the were at before in branch crying hugging his knees.