31

Liam started to become impatient. I suspected that he had thought that I would give up quickly. He began to beat his fist against the door, but not even he managed to scratch the door. I was sheltered, and I tried to think about what I did in there. Liam might note where I found myself in the room, as much as I kept track of him.

"So you wont give up?" he asked. I smiled.

"No!"

He snorted a little.

"I guess I should have expected this?" he muttered hoarsely, and he walked up and down outside the door. "You know I will sooner or later kill you?"

I leaned against the wall.

"I might prefer to die in here?"

He laughed a little cold.

"Yes, it wouldn't surprise me. You could have become a good leader if you weren't that human."

I raised an eyebrow.

"I take that as a compliment..."

He laughed.

"No, it was meant to be..." he become silent for a few seconds. "You should have been cold-blooded and not that wimpy. You chose to even take care of a slave?"

I sighed. I knew he was out to make me angry or getting me to come out.

"Anders was perhaps a mistake?" I chose to say. "I didn't think you'd take it so personal."

He laughed.

"I didn't care about him."

I smiled.

"That's why you killed him?"

He paused.

"That doesn't have to do with anything." he murmured cold. "I wanted him out of the way because he was an obstacle. You took more care of him than of your own people."

I smiled.

"My own people?" I snorted. "I don't believe that you are human, you are vampires and it's not the same."

He paused.

"No?"

I shook my head.

"No, Anders had at least emotions and unlike you he did care about his future."

Liam growled.

"You're wrong!"

I smiled.

"No, the only thing you think about is power and greed. I guess you're stuck in a vicious circle, or have you planned it a long time?"

He was quiet and I sensed that he didn't want to talk about it. Maybe I came too close to the truth?

----

I heard the plans. Gigi and some were outside the house and they managed to block Liam away from them. I sat quietly and I tried to listen even though it was difficult. It was as if they were talking behind a wall or something. Right as it was, I heard Gigi's voice loud and clear.

"We're going down. When I say now, you open the door and then you lands behind Liam. Take what you have and hit him so that he fall forward. We do the rest."

I was tense all over. Slowly, I crept to the door. Liam sat outside the door and I located him quickly. I took up the pipe, and I made so that I had with me the scissors. I swallowed and I tried to keep myself calm. I heard how they slowly came into the house and slowly walked towards our direction. I closed my eyes and I almost didn't dared to breathe.