.:15:.

I frantically raced into my parents' room, as soon as I heard the roar of the thunderous car engine fade as it got further and further away. They would be gone for a while and, even though Mike was still home, he was not a problem as he was locked away in his bedroom probably reading porn mags - wait, could he even read? He would probably be only looking at the pictures. But this was my only chance.

Phone, phone, phone! Where could they be keeping Kellin's phone? I was a man on a mission, determined to do what was best and put a stop to the torturous works of my family. And the only thing I needed was that phone.

My eyelids felt heavy enough to be touching the floor, after a night during which all I did was look through the house and pray to God that everything would be alright. I had no idea where this phone could be but, after a fruitless search, the only rooms left were Mike's and my parents'. Mike was an imbecile, who lowered the IQ of the entire household by simply living here, so they would not be stupid enough to leave Kellin's belongings in his room. So there was only one place left.

When they told me that they were leaving to go to town to buy groceries (which was usually done by Mike or I, but my brother could not be bothered and I stated that I was not feeling too well), I was ready to bolt out of my room and straight into theirs. Mother decided to come along this time too because Papa was very forgetful.

If I fucked this up, everything would be over. It was my only chance. I was the one who had to save him.

The first place I decided to check, when I stepped into the room, we're the cupboards and draws. They contained nothing of any use to me - just jewellery, small weapons and some emergency materials like chloroform and syringes filled with God-knows-what (probably other substances which could knock out a horse).

Next came the large wardrobe which, like expected, only had useless clothes in it. I raked through all of them speedily, knowing that I had a time limit. I also could not be too loud, as Mike would easily hear me and suspect something. But, either way, he was not going to stop me and I would do anything in my power, even use physical force, to get him out of the way of my goal.

I ran over the room again and again, until I had spent nearly 40 minutes doing it. Desperation poisoned each one of my movements, making me cramped with paranoia and worry. Why could I not find it? Where was the fucking phone?

Suddenly, my eyes caught onto one placed which I had failed to notice. The bed. Underneath it. Great place to hide something, right?

I sprinted over like my life depended on it, crouching down and waving my arms around under the furniture. I could not see anything so it took a while to find anything but, when I did, it was as if a spark of hope in me had been reborn.

The object which I managed to retrieve was a box. It was fairly large, but flat and, as it moved, I heard items shaking around. This had to be it, there was no other option.

I quickly placed it on the bed and popped the lid, emptying out the contents. All I could find were many pairs of keys, wallets and headphones, but still no phone. In panic, my breathing started to hitch. What if I did not find it? What if I never got him out? What if Kellin did not-?

"Looking for this?" Came a sly voice from the doorway, making me spin around in its direction only to be met with the sight of Mike leaning against the doorframe, a phone in his hand. The phone.

"Mikey, please, just hand it over. This is important," I attempted to not sound like I had just possibly been caught red-handed in a traitorous act. Maybe he would not catch on; after all, Mike was not the sharpest tool in the shed.

"Why is this phone so important, huh?" He mused, cocking his head to the side. "Do you need it to get your boyfriend out of here?" During the time he was talking, I had discreetly reached my hand into a draw of the bedside table. My fingers curled around something round, with a thin, sharp tip: one of the mysterious syringes.