Generation upon Generation - James

I know I shouldn't be grave digging, especially at night when all the perverts come out to play but this is an emergency. My friend's funeral was today. I should know I attended his funeral, but I realized that he has my watch you see. It is in the breast pocket of his suit; I know because it was his brother that told me that. Of course at the time I had told him it was just a watch and it was no big deal; but I had lied then. The watch was given to me by my father, passed down generations and generations. I have to get it back, no matter what the cause. I searched carefully and found his grave. The dirt is still loose, meaning that it will be easy for me to dig; so i drive my shovel into the dirt and begin. It isn't long before I hear the thump of his coffin. I moved quickly and glanced around the graveyard nervously. I thought I had saw something in the shadows of the grand oak tree in the distance. I pushed the thought aside and opened the lid to the coffin. I let out a small gasp as I realized that his body is no longer there. . . I am sure that they buried him with him inside it. His family is strictly against cremation so they had buried him full. My friend. . . hit by a car three days past. I was dumbstruck when I had heard the news. . . I let out a sudden shrill scream as a hand grasped my shoulder. I spun around and whacked whatever it was with my shovel. "Damn, first you get me hit by a car and now you hit me with a shovel?" The low voice growled. "H-h-how. . " I stuttered as my friend got up. In the moonlight I could see the disgruntled expression on his face. .. his face. It is ridden with road rash and is deformed into something that I would no longer be able to recognize if I were to see him on the streets. His leg is twisted in an odd fashion and his arm hangs loose as it is popped out of it's socket. "Sorry mate, but this is for your own good. This is the only way I can avenge my death." I hadn't registered his words until I felt myself falling backwards. I landed hard into the coffin and I was too stunned to move. My friend shoved my skinny legs right way into the coffin, shutting it firmly when he knew I was in properly. "Let me out!" I cried as I tried to find a way to get my arms up so that I could at least push the lid to the coffin upwards. "No one will hear you out here James." He said as I heard the heavy thud of dirt being piled onto me. "This isn't funny! Let me out!" I screamed again. I have too much to live for! I have a girlfriend, I have a family. What are they going to possibly think!? "Oh by the way, I left your watch in the coffin. It should be by your left hand." I heard him say loudly as he had finished. I felt around and my fingers touched something cold and metallic. My father's watch. . . As the hours passed by I could feel myself behind to grow humid and it was not long before I suffocated in the box they call a coffin. I shouldn't have gone to the cemetery. I shouldn't have dared him to cross the road first. And all because of this, this is my last breath.