Orcas Island Voices, Mommy, Sierra

~not my stories~

In the early 1990, I went to Orcas Island in Washington's San Juan Islands to stay with a family and friends at older estate nestled on 80 beautiful wooded acres. It was a hot August afternoon and everyone but myself left to go play tennis. After lounging around awhile outside I got hot and decided to cool off Inside. The house was very lovely so I gave myself a self-guided tour. I ended up in what looked like attic space, I saw a lovely wooded framed mirror of which I peered inside. Suddenly, I could hear voices around me, widly talking in an attempt to be heard. Surprised and a bit shocked, I ran downstairs and fled outside. I was not going back in that house alone! When the owner's son returned with my family, I asked who might be haunting the house. I was told that there was a ghost in the house and it was a women who had killed herself several decades earlier . She stuffed her car's tail pipe with a rag and ran the engine in the garage until she died of carbon dioxide poisoning. she left this world but didn't leave the manor....

There was a period in 1995 where a little girl lived in my house. I was laying in bed one morning relaxing before getting up and I heard a small girl's voice next to me saying, "Mommy?." It was sweet sounding though I wasn't afraid. About a month later, my husband of the time was fishing around in the library looking for a pack of cigarettes he had hidden when he heard a little girl ask him, "what are you doing?" startled, he looked up thinking it was perhaps me but no one was there. This freaked him out and he promptly ran out of the house. I dont know who this little girl was, why she called me mommy, or where she went shortly after these few incidents. I think sometimes only the ghost knows why or how they are there.

One day my aunt Sierra went with me to the beach and said she was tired. "I cant wait to sleep on my pillow!" she said. My aunt was killed a week later, One morning at 1:30 my cousin and I were talking about her passing away, then a folded, secure pillow case fell off a shelf. my  cousin and I hid under the blanket, we knew it was her. I looked up first and when I did I felt like something I cannot explain, some feeling of fear or was it comfort? anyway, I believe the pillow case had something to do with that pillow sierra wanted.....you decide.