The Reason

Seungri observes the other two men beside him who successfully keep their mouth shut ever since they reached the roof top of the hospital. Seunghyun seems to have lots of things inside his mind while Jiyong looks like his soul was left with his girlfriend inside her ward. 'Great! All I need is some nag from Taeyang and we're complete! Even in this serious situation, we are nothing but a bunch of shit.'

Due to the deafening silence, Seunghyun decided to break the ice. "What now?"

Jiyong remains mute, though the two know they already got his attention.

"Does...How should I say this... Uhm, Hyung?" Seungri looks at Seunghyun carefully, surprising the older man. Turns out, the former never uses formal addressment to the latter before.

"I have no time for more shit. Could you please spill it?" Jiyong snaps. Apparently, aside from running out of patience, he feels nervous as to how serious Seungri's information will be. The fact that the evil maknae decided to be tame for a bit because of what Chaerin's doctor told him is enough to frighten him.

"Does Chaerin have some history of depression?" Seungri blurted out.

Out of reflex, Jiyong grabs Seungri's collars and pushes him against the railings. "The fuck are you trying to implicate? Are you saying that my girlfriend had some mental issues!? I know you hated her but fuck Seungri, don't you ever dare to accuse some stupid things on Chaerin!" he roars while ignoring the pain in his foot.

"Jiyong, let me go!" Seungri struggles against his deadly grip. Seunghyun tries to help the maknae but Jiyong's firm grasp disables him to do so.

"Ji, stop that! We need to know what the doctor told him!" The Eldest uses his authority to command the enraged man. Jiyong weighted his options before finally releasing Seungri.

"Phew! That was close..." Seungri complains before fixing his polo shirt.

"Tell us..." Jiyong dangerously command him. "I have to go back in Chaerin's room. I need to take care of her, so please... Tell me what's wrong with her NOW."

Seungri guiltily bows down his head. He feels ashamed for all the stupid things he did to Chaerin and Jiyong's relationship. If only he knew beforehand that...

"Chaerin used to suffer from Major Depressive Disorder. It started when his father admitted of having another daughter from his previous lover." Seunghyun spills the bean. "Since then, her life never returns to normal."

"WHAT??? H...How...Why...Why didn't I know anything about this?" Jiyong weakly whispers. Seungri, on the other hand, starting to pity Chaerin even more.

"Why should Chaerin tell you...when you're the main reason why she smile again? She doesn't want to give you reason to turn back on her, does she?" TOP patted Jiyong's back. "People would often talk behind her back about her family... and Chaerin, being the sole shock absorber, decided to bear with the pain and win the battle by being the better daughter. She wanted to win her father's affection so bad that she basically shut herself in a cage and started pretending to be perfect. She never shows weakness...until you happen."

"I...I don't get it..." Jiyong's tears fall. He knows that crying in front of his friends might label him as weak but he could care less. His main concern is not knowing Chaerin's helpless state for the past few years they have been together.

"Jiyong, the doctor told me that apart from fatigue, Chaerin seems to be suffering from Melancholic Depression too. He advised me to seek a Psychiatrist 'for my sister' so she could start some sessions." Seungri said, quoting his supposed connection with her. "He also asked me if there's a reason that triggers the depression. I...I said, I don't know any..." He guiltily confesses.