Chapter 4. Helicarrier

Chapter 4.

Helicarrier

Being an agent felt no different than before. In a power sense. But I felt happy. I felt like I belonged in a place. After packing my things I left my room. Who knows if I'll ever be back here again. I walked around and I noticed how quiet everything was. Usually there's people walking through the halls, but there was nobody.

Could this be some scary apocalypse movie scene? I shook off the thought. I had definitely watched too many episodes of The Walking Dead last night. There was probably some meeting that was announced while I was with Coulson. I walked into the cafeteria and I was scared by people screaming in my face. A large banner was hung saying "Congrats on becoming an Agent!" It looked old and wrinkled, but it was nice.

I had forgotten that every time there was a new agent, we all threw a small 5 minute party for them. It was short because everyone was always busy here.

I got many "congrats!" and "Good job!" and "Proud of you!" I felt good about myself. This many people were glad because of something I did. They were all here to congratulate me for doing good. Let me say, that's a feeling I'll never forget.

"Really?" I asked as I walked towards Coulson.

"Everybody gets one!"

"Yeah but you never show up to anybody's," I tell him.

Coulson is one of the best agents here. He is legendary and has everyone's respect. People are scared of him. He's strict and also sticks to protocol and he's very responsible. Keeps a strict distanced bond with everyone. Except for me. And Director Fury and Agent Hill and Barton and more. But who the hell am I? Who am I to have such a strong bond with him? I can say things to him or act in ways others would never dare to even think of doing. I've grown so dependent on him. But at the same time he's taught me how to be independent and have self confidence. I look around me. Everything here is because of Coulson. I'll never be able to thank him enough for the opportunity he's given me.

"I came to yours because you're my favorite," he says sarcastically.

"I know," I say as I hug him.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yes! I'm excited to know what this whole thing is about!" I exclaim.

"See you on the jet in 5."

-------

As I board the quinjet, I think about how much life has changed and how much more it's going to change now. I lived in an orphanage for 13 years, found out I was Tony Stark's daughter. Shortly after I was recruited by SHIELD and for 2 years, I just trained. Now I'm an agent. I get to save the world from threats they are not ready to understand yet. I'm excited for this new chapter in my life, but I can't help being nervous too. My thoughts are paused as Coulson boards.

"Excited?" He asks as he takes a seat next to me.

"Yes!" I respond.

"Nervous?" He asked with a more serious tone.

"Um, yes."

"I know."

"So what is Project Pegasus?" I ask.

"Right! Back in Hydra days, the red skull wanted the Tesseract which-"

"Is pretty much unlimited power. Yes I know what it is and all that," I interior Coulson, "I've done my history reading!"

"Well, while looking for Captain America, Howard Stark, your grandfather, found the Tesseract instead and-"

"Never found Captain America until we did a few months ago, I also know all that!" I said as I interrupted him again.