Chapter 6: Cruel Ending

Chapter 6 Cruel Ending

Warning: Sad and upsetting scenes to come. Be prepared to possibly cry or sob. Read at your own risk. (but plz read)

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" Director Fury yelled as he walked into the lab.
"Uhh, kind of been wondering the same thing about you," Tony claps back.
"You're supposed to be locating the cube," Fury says, clearly not happy and I am pretty sure it's because he figured out that Tony is hacking into the systems.
"We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we have a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile," Dr. Banner says as he points at me for reassurance.
"It's true. We should find it any time now!" I say as Director Fury turns to look at me.
"Yeah, then you can get your cube back. No muss, no fuss," Tony adds being a little bit sarcastic, "What's phase 2?" He continues. His tone sounds like a jealous girlfriend who asks her boyfriend a question that she already knows the answer to.

Before Director Fury can answer, Steve storms in with a huge gun in his hand and basically throws it down onto a table, "Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D. uses the cube to make weapons," Steve says pissed off, "Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for me."
"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. That does not mean that we're making-" Director Fury starts to explain himself before Tony interrupts him.
"I'm sorry Nick! What? Were you lying?" Tony says as he turns his screen which show plans on how to make weapons from the Tesseract.
"I was wrong Director," Steve says, "the world hasn't changed a bit."

Just on cue, Natasha and Thor walk into the lab.
"Did you know about this?" Dr. Banner asks Natasha, Thor and me.
"Can't say I did," I said getting up from the table and walking towards everyone.
"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Nat asks Dr. Banner.
"Ha, I was in Calculta. I was pretty well removed," Dr. Banner answers.
"Loki is manipulating you."
"And you are doing what exactly?" Dr. Banner asks.

It's so easy to sense all the tense in this room. Everyone is throwing hits at each other. I can only imagine this is going to get worse.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you," Nat says back.
"Yes, and I am not leaving because you suddenly get a little twitchy," Dr. Banner says and things are definitely getting worse, "I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."
"Because of him!" Director Fury says as he points at Thor.
"Me?" Thor asks, absolutely confused just like most of us.
"Last year Earth had a visitor from another planet, who had a grudge match that levelled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly hilariously, outgunned," Director Fury explained.
"My people want nothing but peace with your planet!" Thor said offended.
"But you're not the only people out there, are you?" Director Fury asked sounding very sass, "And you're not the only threat.The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled," Fury continues.
"Like you controlled the cube?" Steve asks.
"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies," Thor says, "It is a signal to all the realms that Earth is ready for a higher form of war."
"A higher form?" Steve asks confused.
"You forced our hand! We had to come up with something," Director Fury replies.
"A nuclear deterrent! Because that always calms everything right down!" Tony says sarcastically.
"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?" Director Fury spat back. This was starting to get real messy real fast. I already knew this was not going to end well.
"I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep," Steve said adding more to the fire.
"Hold on, how is this now about me?" Tony asked Steve, sounding a bit offended.
"I'm sorry. Isn't everything?" Steve replied so savagely that everyone looked to see Tony's reaction. At this point, this argument was starting to be very amusing.
"I thought humans were more evolved than this," Thor said shaking his head.
"Excuse me!" Director Fury exclaimed, "did we come to your plant and blow stuff up?"