Chapter 2: Invite

"Today March 8, was another exhausting day of school.", I thought to myself walking through the doors as I walk down the flooded hallway to my locker. I was trying to avoid being told anything because I'm not really a morning person. I make it to my locker and put my books up as Bella comes up to me upset.
"I'm so pissed off with Nathan!" She said while folding her arms.
"What happen?" I ask her sounding concerned.
" So Nathan was talking to another girl while I went to the bathroom on our date yesterday and he had his arm around her, and they were super close! Like really close!" She said while stepping closer invading my personal space.
"Like this close." She said like inches away from my face. I just start laughing and back away closing my locker. "Come on we'll talk about this after class. "Ok." She said so blankly. "Hey look." Putting my arm around her shoulder. "Don't worry about him, he's an idiot if he cheats on a girl as amazing as you. You're beautiful and you can get any guy, you know that right?" She starts smiling. "Yeah I know," She says in a cocky tone. "Good now we have this project and you need to focus. Ok?" I say seriously, she just nods and we walk to class.

~ 2nd Period~
I walk into class and see somebody in my seat. The only seat available is the one next to the tattooed goddess. " Ok class take your seats!" Mr. Ronalds says. So I have no choice but to sit down. I rush to the seat and try hard not to look at her. She was looking at me intensely and the fear built up again.

"Today you will be getting your test
back at the end of class," He says so sternly but you could tell by his expression he looked disappointed.
"On that note everyone take out your homework," he says and the class does as he says. The rest of the class goes by slow and boring. The last five minutes of class he gives us our test back and I'm not surprised I have made an A+. I always make good grades which is why I pretty much live on the honor roll. I watch as everyone else gets their tests. Some people don't care, while others are devastated.
She looks at my test and sees the A and she just kind of looks surprised. I was the only person in the class that made a A on this test.
Brrrring! The bell rings and the class disperse out the room. I grab my bag and as I'm about to leave out. "Ms. Bailey could I speak to you for a second?" Mr. Ronalds asks in a calm tone. " Yes sir," I say walking over to his desk I see the tattooed goddess and I immediately am overtaken by fear. "Am I in trouble?" I say as I'm afraid while looking at her and him.
"Ms. Bailey, no you are not. But you are doing the best in this class right now. And right now Ms Sanders could use some help. Would you mind tutoring her?"
My eyes widened and my heart began to race. I thought to myself I have to tutor her or try to. " Will this be like extra credit?" I ask nervously.
"Yes this will be." He says . " In that case, sure I'll tutor Ms. Sanders."
"Great Autumn meet Zoey, and Zoey meet Autumn." We then turn and look at each other eye to eye .I never notice we are the same height until now. We then shake hands , her grip is tight. I had been wanting to know the tattooed goddess' name, her name is Zoey.
We then both walk out of the classroom and walk to her locker.

" When would be a good time for tutoring?" I ask walking up to her.
"I don't know and I don't give a fuck," She says so bluntly.
" Zoey do you want to fail? Because if you don't take this serious you will." I say in a serious tone.
She just shrugs while getting her bag.
" Do you care about your future?" I ask her
" Ugh here we go with this shit. You sound like my fucking mom." She says. I can tell I'm aggravating her but I don't want her to fail.
"Look just think about it. Let me know by the end of today." I say as I walk away. Never looking back.

~at the end of the day~

I was about to walk out of the school doors when I hear someone call my name I turn around shock to see it's Zoey. "Autumn?" She ask. "Yes?" I say walking toward her. " I'll take you up on that offer." She says."The tutoring, I'll do it." She says while looking down. "What changed your mind?" I ask. " She shrugs while texting on her phone. "When do you want to start?" I ask. "Whenever it really doesn't matter." She says. She starts to walk away towards the school doors, I then follow her. We're now walking side by side when we both look and see a jet black haired girl with tattooed sleeves. Her complexion was divine. Her hair was bone straight and it fell perfectly past her shoulders. She is a few inches taller than Zoey and I. She is leaning back against the hood of her car with a cigarette between her lips. The sunlight was hitting her perfectly with her sunglasses hiding her eyes. I thought Zoey was beautiful but this girl takes the cake. This girl is hot and you can tell she's a badass,wearing all black. She is wearing a black cami with black, ripped jeans and black sneakers. "I have to go." was all Zoey said before rushing to the black car and kissing the black haired girl then getting in the car. The black haired girl had looked at me before she got in the car . I could feel the intense stare she was giving behind the sunglasses, she pulls off so fast with Zoey. Leaving me with my thoughts to myself. Zoey was dating the hot girl and now this girl is going to stay in my mind. I hope I see her again.

~4 weeks later~
Turns out Zoey is a cool chick, and really laid back. I didn't think we'd get along but we actually do. Her life is so chill and calm compared to mine which is so stressful. Hanging out with Zoey was fun and I would consider her a friend now.
"Hey Autumn." Zoey walks up to me and says.
"Hey Zo. You ready for this test?"
" I think I am, I mean I did good during tutoring yesterday I just hope I remember the concepts." She says while looking at her notes.
" You will do fine." I tell her in confidence. "Here we go ." She says as we walk in the class and take our seats. "Ok class put your notes away, time for your test." Mr Ronald says. The class does as follows. "Good luck.", I tell Zoey. "You too.", she says. He passes the test out and immediately I begin.

~ 2 days later ~
Zoey and I walk into class nervous about our tests. " Ok everyone have your seats and I'll show you all your tests at the end of class," Mr. Ronald's begin to pass the test out my heart racing so fast. I receive my test with an A + on it . Zoey gets her test and she receives a B+. She smiles so hard. We do our happy dance while everyone else has their crappy reactions to the test.

~ After class~
"Hey you want to go to this cool party with me Friday?" Zoey asks in a calm tone.
Oh my God! I thought I can't believe I'm getting invited to a party. Me, Autumn Bailey going to one of the cool parties. How can I say no? " Sure!" I say excitedly. "Great I'll pick you up at 7. She says as she walks away. "Ok!" I yell. Omg I'm going to a party! what am I gonna wear?! I started contemplating life. I start walking home so excited thinking about Friday. I can't wait for Friday to come.

~That's it if you like this story give it a favorite! :) and follow me for more updates! - xoxo Jello.