Chapter 18

BABYSOUL's POV

Wake up.

Wake up.

I heard that voice. His sweet voice.

So I listened to his request and slowly opened my eyes.

-----

"Where am I?" that's the first thing I said when I opened my eyes. I noticed the placed looked so unfamiliar... and white.

"You're at the hospital," someone answered. Different from what I was expecting, it's a female voice that answered me. Not the voice of the one who tried to wake me up. I guess that was just a dream.

"Hospital?" My vision caught the person who answered me and it's my friend "Jin!" I exclaimed when I saw her beside me. I haven't seen her for so long and I really miss her! I wanted to get up and hug her but I feel so tired and my back hurts.

She stood up. "Yes! Hospital! For two days straight!" she informed in a really straight face.

"Really? Maybe that's the reason why my back hurts." I just muttered, as I try to remember what happened. Or did I met an accident?

"Yah!" she crossed her arms. It seems she's angry and she's going to scold me or something. "See what you did to yourself?" she crossed her arms. "How could you abandon yourself like this?!" Jin nagged. She seemed really mad.

"Abandon?" I answered.

"Yes! Abandon!"

"What do you mean?" I asked followed by another question, "Why am I here at the hospital?"

"See? You don't even know why you're here! Clearly you're abandoning yourself!"

"I always take care of myself though," I defended.

"Aish chincha!" she complained. "You know why you're here? Fatigue, starvation, dehydration and high fever! You bad girll!"

"Really?" I was relieved. Atleast I was not in an accident. "That's great. That would mean I have to pay lower bills. I thought I met an accident." I even chuckled but Jin didn't budge so I went silent.

"Gosh! Sujeong and you still think of money?" she held her face in frustration. "You almost died just the same! How could you not take care of yourself?"

"But I always eat and rest," I mumbled.

"I mean real food!" she continued scolding me like a mother. "Maybe you're only eating ramyun! And rest? How could you have fatigue when you're resting?"

With that, I wasn't able to argue. Cause' she's right.

I just gave her a meek laugh. "Hehe."

If there is someone who knows me better than anyone else, that would be Jin.

"Ah chincha! I shouldn't have left our apartment-

-yah! Yah don't blame yourself." I sighed. "I was just really busy I didn't have time." I answered. And to add to that, I'm in a really tight budget because I had to send money to my parents for my father's medication.

But I chose not to tell her that.

"Atleast I would have cooked for you." She looked really guilty.

"You don't have to worry about me. I promise I'll take care of myself from now on," I promised.

"You promise? Or you want me to comeback and stay with you," she suggested.

"Jin, you don't have to. There's no need for you to compromise. I promise, I will really take care of myself now."

"Okay. Fine." She sat back in her seat. It seems she had calmed down.

"It's such a good thing Sungkyu-oppa brought you here."

"Sungkyu?" I was stoned.

How in the world did Kim Sungkyu get into this situation again?

"Yes. Kim Sungkyu."

"But... how?" I can't remember him though! I can only remember the.... Wait, the ghosts!!!

"Wait! I remember I saw ghosts!"

Jin smirked. "That's probably was part of you hallucinations."

"Hallucinations?"

"Yes. The doctor said your fever was so high that you were having hallucinations."

"Really?"

"Yes. And know what? You're telling the doctors 'Oppa! Don't leave me'!"

"Huh?"

"Yes! And you are even calling everyone Sungkyu," she said laughing.

"What? That is so not real!"

"Yeah! You even called me Sungkyu too! Hahaha!" she said while laughing continuously.

"Oh! Please tell me you're joking!"

She didn't answer but she kept laughing.

"Gosh! This is sooo embarrassing!" I held my head. "Did I really do that?" I asked in this belief.

"Yeah! You want some proof? I have a video of how crazy you were----

----oh please stop!" I can't take this embarrassment anymore. "But why am I calling Sungkyu out of all people?"

"Haven't I told you? He was the one who brought you here at the hospital! Don't you remember?"

Suddenly, some faint memories came into my mind. I quite remember calling Sungkyu, him hugging me and saying, 'It's okay. It's okay'.

I slapped my face. I can't believe what I just realized.

"What have I done again?!" I scolded myself.

"It's okay. Atleast I've witnessed how Sungkyu is such a responsible guy. Like a knight in shining armor."

"Oh please!" I rolled my eyes.

Okay, considering that he helped me, that would mean, I have another debt to him?

Why is it that whenever I'm in trouble he's always the one who comes into the rescue?

How am I going to face him again?

--------

<Author's Note>

I'm back!!! wohoo!

Here's a short update but don't worry I'll be updating more frequently now. 

Thank you very much for waiting!! 

Love ya'll!