:: 07 i just couldn't face going home ::

BLURB 007

" i just couldn't face going home - peter + rasha "

sitting on the beach in the middle of the night was rasha's favorite thing to do

sitting on the beach in the middle of the night was rasha's favorite thing to do. the silence that only ceased to exist whenever the waves crashed on the shore was her serenity. it was truly the only place she could go to clear her head whenever the world was too much to bear.

however, this particular night wasn't like the other nights.

someone else was there.

she tried her best to ignore their presence but she couldn't help herself; someone was in her special place and it didn't feel hers anymore. she turned to glare at them, only to find that they were already looking back at her.

"didn't your parents tell you nothing good ever happens after midnight?" she called out, hoping that if she could say the right thing, the blond boy would leave.

he didn't flinch. "then why are you here?"

what a dick. she thought to herself. alas, the boy's tone of voice wasn't rude. it didn't seem like he meant that to be a jab at her. he sounded sort of worried.

whatever.

all at once, rasha noticed him get up from his spot a few yards away to close the gap between the two of them. somehow, she didn't feel scared like she knew she should have. i mean, who is this weird boy who sits on the beach alone in the middle of the night? this entire situation just screamed 'danger.' why wasn't she running?

"what's wrong with you?" he asked. it's not demanding. it's questioning. he honestly cared, or so it seemed.

she took the chance to take a closer look at this boy. his sandy blond hair was longer than normal and he had the biggest brown eyes she'd ever seen. she felt something like butterflies flutter in your belly. "what do you mean?"

"well, no one sits on the beach at midnight without a plausible explanation."

she grinned a little at that, before remembering the reason she found refuge in the abandoned beach.

ever since rasha could remember, her parents fought. thankfully, it never got physical, but hearing people who were supposed to be the picture of stability scream obscenities and venomous words took its toll.

she wanted to tell someone your problems, knowing good and well that was a helpful way to rid herself of the pent up stress and all around sadness their fighting caused.