:: 09. six words ::

hey ! this used to be a story on here, but i lost all muse. i didn't want it to be a complete waste, so i will post what i had written ❤️

please enjoy !

**

"i move the stars for myself." the girl mused aloud. peeking over the sheet of paper and at her two best friends, she scanned their expressions.

mike, naturally, looked unimpressed and slightly annoyed.

davy, on the other hand, had his bushy eyebrows furrowed together and was in the midst of trying to uncover what in the world she'd meant.

"could you, um, elaborate on that?"

"basically," it was mike who chose to explain. "she's saying that she doesn't need anyone."

well, that made much more sense. feeling a little antsy suddenly, davy squirmed in his seat before asking a question that popped in his head but needed an answer as soon as possible.

"but what if someone needs you?"

those were six words and one possibility that she'd never thought of.

"i'll get back to you on that one, jones."

life is serene when you're underwater.

isla could only imagine what it must have been like to be in the ocean, only that the pool at the astral inn was heated and void of any man-eating sharks.

unfortunatley, her lungs only allowed her to be underwater for so long. reaching the surface and opening her eyes, she scanned the area for the two boys she'd come with.

she found davy first, swimming towards her with a calm expression on his face. "i've been thinking about what you said earlier this morning."

"what did i say?" typical isla; she'd say things but forgot them seconds after.

davy, on the other hand, remembered most everything she and mike said. "about moving the stars for yourself?"

she took a second to recollect. nope, she didn't remember, but she figured she'd act like it to humor the doe-eyed boy in front of her. "oh, yeah. what did you think?"

"i think you're still sad about what happened with--"

"don't say it, davy." she nearly whispered, hoping he'd hear her.

he didn't.

"john. i mean, how were you supposed to know he got another girl pregnant?" davy finished and isla didn't know if he really wanted an answer for that question or not.

dipping back down into the water, the girl took sometime to think for herself. maybe davy had a point and it was time for her to worry less and live more.

returning to the surface with a rebuttal, isla spoke plainly and clearly.

"i stand by what i said before." she flipped her wet hair behind her so that she and davy made complete eye contact. brown on brown. "maybe i'm afraid i'll get hurt."