:: 08. dreaming of a white christmas ::

BLURB 008

" dreaming of a white christmas - the boys + cath "

it never snowed in southern california.

that was a widely-known fact that peter so happened to magically forget every december, typically around the twenty-fourth or twenty-fifth — much to cath's dismay.

"peter, you can't make snow magically appear out of nowhere — especially in los angeles!" she tried in vain to remind him.

his brown eyes would always widen and fill with watery tears, fond memories of white winters spent back home in connecticut swirling in his mind. "i just want to be able to make a snowman with you guys! and snow angels, i bet davy's angel would be so little—"

"hey!" davy insisted, beside cath on the couch.

peter continued pacing, clearly on a roll. "sorry, but that's not a bad thing! i mean, mike's would be ginormous!"

davy twisted around to shoot mike an expectant look. the hatted boy, lounging beside the refrigerator, blinked his brown eyes at the brit. "what?"

"you're not offended?"

"why would i be?" he asked. "i'm tall, you're not. it's the way we've always been — no changing it now."

cath and micky laughed to themselves, huddled together and watching the same back and forth they did every other day of the year.

"you guys," peter whined. "hear me out!"

mike took the initiative and made a silent peace with davy, deciding instead to walk over to peter and wrap an arm around him. "we are listenin', pete. there's just nothing we can do about there not being any snow in california."

"we could go to the mountains." micky offered.

"with what money?" mike replied. "we haven't had a gig in who knows how long?"

this was all becoming too much for poor peter to stomach. with his lips in a pout and his eyes cast down, he shrugged mike away and began walking towards the stairs, to his room. "i'm going to lay down."

"wait — our room is down here." davy tried, but peter's reply was quick.

"oh well."

"why would he—" cath began, but decided against bringing that up as a topic of conversation.

she hated seeing any of her friends sad, that was just the golden part of her heart coming through. what made matters worse was the fact that none of them could do anything about the snowless winters. micky had lived in california his entire life and hadn't seen snow in real life, only ever on tv.