:: 06. baked goods ::

BLURB 006

" baked goods - mike + lilo "

peter's birthday was just one day away, and all of the pre-day prep was done for the bash - well, except one thing: the cake

it was no surprise that neither micky nor davy would cook it. davy believed it required too much effort and micky could burn water.

a mutual friend named ringo originally had the task, but when he came over to mike's apartment at five o'clock two days before the blond bassist's day of birth with his usually brown hair matted and fire in his blue eyes, mike decided to take over.

"you're a lifesaver, mate." the older male sighed in relief once the other man decided out loud he'd make the cake.

"well, when you come in my home looking like you've just fought a war, i don't have much of a choice, do i?" mike retorted with a smile that told ringo he didn't really mean what he said.

after staying for about fifteen minutes and making small chat, ringo decided it was best to go and leave mike with the task that was before him. once the boy was gone, the guitarist let out a breath of air he didn't know he was holding in.

not really knowing where to start, he decided to call someone who he knew could fix up a cake. no, not john (if he called him, ringo'd have his head on a plate) but lilo.

yes, lilo with her shiny hair, bright eyes and infectious laughter. the same lilo that seemed to have won him over with about two bats of her eyelashes.

not to mention, the same lilo that had a boyfriend.

mike, deciding to throw all caution to the wind, calls her and she says she'll be right over. looking down at what he's wearing, he feels like he should run upstairs and throw on a suit - he doesn't want to look like a slob in front of the girl he wants so near.

however, he decides against it, but does wipe off some of the chocolate left on his face (looking at the recipe required getting all of the materials and that included the chocolatey goodness.)

Right after he's done with the dishtowel, he hears a knock at the door and practically falls over his own two feet during the bolt to the girl.

when he opens it, he tries his best not to audibly hold in his breath. she's wearing a white lace dress and he's sure she's an angel in disguise or something like that.

"hi, mike!" she chirps and hugs him around the neck, a little too platonic for the man's liking.

"hey, lilo. come on in." mike opens the door a little wider as she enters.