Chapter 8

Shailene POV

    It was so nice staying at Ana's family's house but knowing I'm going to see my family today is one of the best feelings. Just to see my mother and brother after several months of not seeing them is going to be one of the best reunions. I never went more than a few weeks without seeing them, I wonder how much everything have changed. I wonder how many things have changed between them, I wonder if I've grown up or changed myself. I wonder if they will accept Theo... I think that is the biggest thing I'm worried about.

     We get done having lunch with her family as my mother texts me and asks me if we're close to the house. I show Ana the text and she gets up, "Mother, Father, and Siblings. We must be on our way, as I will be back in a few days because we are meeting Shai's and Daren's family as well. I can help clean up but after that we must depart." I start laughing because she said it in a pretty accurate British accent, which technically we all have because we stayed there so long. But this time when she talked there was no American tone in it so she must have been exaggerating it. Her and Daren help clean up as me and Theo start loading our car with the suitcases. We are able to just take Ana's car instead of paying for a Taxi, which really helps financially.

    We all hug each other as we're leaving and Ana's mom is talking to her and Daren right before we left, they say their goodbyes and next thing you know we're off to my house. Theo and I are sitting in the backseat, I can't help but feel that he is really nervous about everything too. Ana and Daren are making conversation with us but the closer we get to my house the more anxious I get about it all. Theo leans closer to me, "What's the matter Shai? Don't say nothing because I know you better than that. You always bite the inside of your cheek when you're stressed about something."

    I can't help but smile a little because he knows me so well. I sigh and whisper, "Just going back home. I've been gone so long, I don't really know what's going to happen. So many different things have changed so I don't know what to think about it." He grabs my hand squeezes it, "Don't worry about it, you're about to go home to a family that loves you and misses you. No matter what has changed, nothing is going to change that."

    I get the courage to kiss his cheek, "Thank you Theo, that means so much you have no idea." We smile at each other as Theo wraps his arm around me. I lean my head into his chest and look outside at the scenery. I wonder what he's thinking about the whole airport incident. He hasn't brought it up yet which is really odd but maybe he's waiting for us to be officially alone. He doesn't seem to be affected by it too much, he still acts the same towards me. I probably should have told him more about this beforehand but it just never came up. I just wish I could get inside his mind. Next thing I know the car stops, I'm home.

5.19.16