Chapter 22

Theo POV

Valentine's Day. Ever since we got together I've been thinking about this day and now all of a sudden it's tomorrow. I keep looking over my plans constantly, making sure that everything is perfect. From the dinner to the gifts. I don't think I've ever been this nervous for something to go right, but this is our first Valentine's Day together so I want to make it one to remember.

I really do care for her, this whole month we've been together has been no less than perfect. We have been able to be more comfortable with each other and just let our true feelings out. It's nice just to go up to her and kiss her whenever I want, or just to hold her in my arms. I mean we don't do it at school because of professional purposes, but everyone does know we're together. The United States released pictures of us when we went down there together which quickly traveled back here so everyone knows about us. It's not a bad thing, I had a talk with my superiors about this and we all moved forward from it.

I just want this to go perfect, she has given me the perfect month so the least I can do is give her the perfect day. I get my book out of my desk and start going over the details again, I can feel my heart racing every single time I think about it. I hope it makes her happy.

Shailene POV

I pace back and forth in my room, Valentine's Day is tomorrow and I can't help but be nervous. I know Theo has things planned out for us to do but I can't help but get nervous with joy about tomorrow. I got him a few gifts and made him a card, but I feel like it isn't enough. He's doing all of these different things but here I am with just a simple gift. "Aghhh." I yell out and pace around my room again, I quickly run to the phone and dial Ana's number.

"Hey Shai what's up?" I hear her say, I take a deep breath. "Nothing, just thinking about tomorrow again..." She chuckles "Let me guess, you're calling me again because you're nervous." I make some random noise to show that she's right. "I don't know why I'm so nervous Ana, I mean we've been out on dates before and obviously we have been loving. I mean we're in a relationship. Just knowing this is our first Valentine's together is nerve-wracking."

"Shai you are going to be just fine, I know Theo has an amazing day planned out for you tomorrow. So just go with the flow and just enjoy yourself." She says as I run my hand through my hair. "Wait! Ana? You know what Theo has planned for me?" I quickly say, hopefully it makes sense. Silence. "Ana!!!! WHAT DOES THEO HAVE PLANNED FOR ME?" I hear a sigh "Ummm..... Oh no my phone is breaking up.... Shai.... Shai... Are you there?" I start laughing "Ana please tell me! PLEEAASSSEE!" I beg as she starts laughing too. "Have a good day tomorrow Shai, try to get some sleep. Love you guys!" She quickly hangs up as I groan and flop back down on my bed.

9.21.16