21st Century (Buckynat)

Steve smiled at me as I walked into the room. He had a large grin on his face, but I could tell he was stressed. I gave him a small smile.

"Thanks for coming Nat. I really appreciate you volunteering to do this," he said.

"No problem, it's not really a life or death mission," I said.

Steve laughed at the comment and started to approach me. He had his arms open wide and I hugged him. He was breathing heavy and I couldn't help but feel upset about it. After all Steve was probably my closest friend and it hurt to seem him hurt.

A couple minutes later, he released me and said, "Well, he's in this room."

I started to follow him into the room. I didn't know what I was going to do once I saw him. I hadn't stopped thinking about him. I just wanted him to know who I was, to remember everything that had happened between the two of us. But I knew that wouldn't be the case.

Bucky was sitting on a chair in the corner of the room. He looked out of one of the windows. Steve cleared his throat and Bucky turned to look at us. He gave Steve a small smile and gave me a confused look.

"Buck, this is Nat. She's going to show you around like you wanted. She'll be a better guide than any of us," Steve said.

Bucky looked me over. I suddenly felt very self-conscious and averted my eyes from him. It felt too close to how it used to be.

"Thanks Steve. Are you ready to go now?" Bucky asked me.

I looked back at him and put on a fake smile. "Ya, sure."

Bucky got up from his chair and started to walk toward us. Steve patted him on his shoulder and walked out. Bucky awkwardly smiled at me and said, "After you."

I walked out of the room with Bucky following my footsteps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York had changed since the last time Bucky had been there. He was excited to see all the new things and wanted to try everything. As we walked around, the awkwardness started to leave. I was actually starting to have a pretty good time.

We went to a favorite restaurant of mine for food. It was a small noodle place that was rarely ever busy. I got my usual and Bucky ordered the same as me. Bucky wanted to eat as we walked around so I didn't really get to talk to him.

"So Natasha, now that I've seen everything I've wanted to see, why don't you show me your favorite sites?" Bucky said turning to me.

I smiled. An idea had come to me. An idea Steve would never approve of. "You said you wanted to experience what the 21st century is all about right?"

He gave me an awkward smile and said, "Well yeah."

"Good, because I'm going to show you what the 21st century is actually like," I said with a devious smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked into the Apple Store dragging Bucky behind me. I turned to look at Bucky and he gave me a small smirk. Computers, phones, and iPads were glued to chargers and I stopped at one of the iPhone models. I quickly popped it off the charger and handed it to Bucky.

"Do you think I don't know what a phone is? I have this exact type of phone in my pocket," Bucky said.

"I know you know what a phone is, but take a random picture. Then you can set it as the background of the phone," I said.

"That's got to be the most stupid idea I've ever heard," Bucky said.

"Just try it."

Bucky sighed and clicked on the camera button. He took a picture of one of the workers who looked rather bored. Bucky set it as the background and looked expectantly at me. "Like I said before, this is stupid."

"Hey, you just passed your first test. You did something everyone has done at least once at an Apple Store," I said.

Bucky laughed at that and said, "Wow, you guys are lame ass people if you think that's fun."

I laughed and started to walk out. "Next stop, movie cinema central."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We walked into an old theatre that I liked going to. It had an almost haunted feel and it made the whole movie experience rather creepy. Especially if you were seeing a horror movie.

I looked at Bucky and he gave me another disappointed look. "Steve said you knew all the crazy spots. This doesn't seem all that crazy," he said.

"Come on this place is creepy as hell. Doesn't it make you feel like something is going to pop out at you?" I said with a smirk.

"Not really," Bucky said.

We walked over to the ticket booth and I bought two tickets to a new horror movie. We went to our theatre and waited for the movie to start. As soon as the movie started that ghastly feel the theatre had started to set in. I could tell Bucky was looking over his shoulder and his hand was tightly grasping the armrest. I smirked.

Halfway through the movie Bucky turned to look at me. "Nat, you are from the fucking devil."

I laughed silently at that and punched him in his metal arm. "Thanks for the compliment Buck. I knew you'd be scared."

He rolled his eyes and turned his eyes back to the screen. I kept my eyes on him. Then the girl on the screen screamed bloody murder and I jumped. I never jumped in horror movies. Bucky laughed and whispered, "You're just as big a scaredy-cat as I am."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To finish off the night I took Bucky to strip club. I know real classy. As we stood in front of the building , Bucky gave me an odd look. "My dear friend, I present to you a strip club. Did you guys have these during the 40's?"

"We had stuff like it, but I never thought to go to one," Bucky said.

"Well aren't you and Steve just the most innocent men in the world. Since I am your friend, I will accompany you to your first experience for one of these grand places," I said, trying not to laugh.

"Wait are you serious? I don't want to go into one of these fucking places. It sounds disgusting and wrong," Bucky said.

You never said that when I would do it for you. You seemed perfectly happy to watch.

"You got to go at least once in your lifetime," I said.

"Have you ever been to one?" he asked.

"Multiple times. Usually for missions or with Tony," I said.

Bucky laughed and said, "Well fine I'll do it since you're basically forcing me into one."

I smiled and we walked in. I was happy that I had decided to go to take Bucky around New York City.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*All rights belong to Marvel. I do not own any of the characters or anything else in it. All rights go to Marvel*

Hi guys! This is Sasha. My friend and I are writing this book of one-shots so different ones will be written by one of us. I hope that you guys liked this first one! Thanks so much for reading. 

-Sasha