05

"Blood of a Kabaneri?" asked Ikoma and Mumei.

"That's right," you replied, "Let's just say that a genetic mutation doesn't allow my body to process human blood correctly during the time my energy is at an all-time low, it only sustains my energy levels in case I need to fight."

Mumei began to unravel her bandages until you stopped her from doing just that.

"As much as  I appreciate the offer, you are at the same state as me," you replied, "Neither Ikoma or your blood will suffice at the state that it is in, if anything it will trigger you to turn into full Kabane."

"What about Hikari?" asked Ikoma.

"I have developed a tolerance so Hikari's blood doesn't work for me anymore," you said with a big cheesy grin, "So until I can get some healthy Kabaneri's blood, I am pretty much very lethargic and unable to fight."

A scream tore through the Koutetsujou like a great shard of glass. You looked to see Ikoma's  eyes widen and pulse quicken, the sound of many people's hearts  thudding like a rock rattling in a box. The scream came again, desperate, terrified... humans. The blood drained from Ikoma's face before you were  even aware. Your  ears straining for more sounds, more clues as to how many Kabane was there and what could be happening out there. You had no clue as to what you do when you got out of the cart, just that you need blood fast.

"Move!" Mumei demanded as she attempted to shoot at the Wazatori only to shoot a couple of more iron bullets meaning that it was probably dodging them while she shot.

"Damn it, this won't work," replied Mumei.

Soon the weaker Kabane entered into the seventh cart and began attacking everyone in there. The sounds of the guy that you warned about being killed, souding like he was getting eatten by t a Kabane got to him, you smirked at the karma his ignorance caused.

"Kabane have invaded the train cars and will slowly make their way to the first cart," you thought out loud, "I don't have my master key copy because the goons swiped it off me during our "meeting," but you can exit from the service hatch since I leave it slightly ajar in case of something like this was to occur."

"Alright," replied Ikoma, Let's go Mumei; We'll exit from the service hatch and go after it."

"You want to go outside?" asked the guy.

"It's our only option!" yelled Ikoma, "We are stopping the Wazatori ourselves."

"You really have become brave, Ikoma..." you thought as you looked at him preparing to use the service hatch with Mumei leaving first. He soon ran towards your body and crouched down in front of you.

"As soon as I fix this problem, I will give you my blood," said Ikoma, "Even though you don't acknowledge me sometimes, I don't want you to die. The main reason that I always wanted to fight the Kabaneri was not only because of my sister but because I wanted to find you one day."

Ikoma kicked the service hatch and looked on ahead. From the look of his face, you knew that he was probably intimidated and that there must be a whole lot of Kabane's on the train's roof. 

An explosion was heard where some of fiery smoke and dust filled the air, still boiling up from where the bombs had gone off far underground, was being violently agitated at the bottom. You rose from the ground with the strength you had left and walked towards the door of the car in a daze.

"Yuki!" yelled Takumi as he ran towards you until Hikari prevented him from interfering with you.

You smashed against the train door, causing and forcing it open while walking through the cart with masses of decayed bodies scattered around under large blood pools. You walking through this with your hair covering your face and moving through each cart similar to that of the previous.

You came to the cart to see blood dripping around the mouth of the Wazatori as he was trying to reach to get to something above. You shifted your gaze upwards and gasped in shock to see Ayame giving blood to Ikoma as a way to revive his Kabaneri mentality...but it was that small incident that pushed you over the edge.

"Phase II," you muttered as your eyes show the similar eyes with the veins pulsing across your body getting the wazatori's attention fully and making it come towards me. Wazatori's gasp turned into a wide, knowing smile as he prepared his stance to fight and headed straight for you.

"Yuki!" yelled Ikoma.

The wazatori roared, you swiftly leap out of its striking zone, grabbed its collar from behind, and swiftly flipped it over on towards the ground causing it to lose one of its swords. You pierced your swords blade with your own blood to see the same veins that were seen on the Kabane on your own blade, filling its crevices.

You stood in front of the wazatori as he looked up showing what no one has ever seen a Kabane show, fear.The wazatori screamed out of pain. He laid, blood dripping in mass amounts from where his arm that held is other sword had once been.

Piece by piece, every bit of the wazatori, who had once been a man, scattered. It was over now.

Overwhelmed, you stood alone in the middle of the train cart, sun rays streamed in through the skyline. Hesitantly, Ikoma approached from behind you until held your hand up to prevent him from coming any closer and walked back from where you came while everyone chanted "Rokkon Shojo! Victory!"

Their cheers got louder was the equivalence to how much control you were losing of your own body, hitting this part of your body was a very risk ordeal you never wanted to put yourself it. 

You stopped at the seventh cart and sat at one of the beds to attempt to slow down the rate of your change until you smelt something metallic and sweet. You opened your eyes to see a small wound opened in front of you and soon saw your eyes lead towards the person wanting to help you, Ikoma.

"G-go away," you muttered in short gasps.

"I am not going to leave you or make you leave me ... like last time," Ikoma yelled. 

You pushed him away from you as he grabbed you with him, knocking your sword away in the process. You both were on the ground now wrestling it out.

"Please stop," you begged as you were pinned down to the ground trying to crawl away. Ikoma grabbed you. Even with the power you had, you were powerless against him. You were beginning to weaken as the change was starting to take its effect. Ikoma laid you on the ground and turned your face gently towards him. Your eyes closed as his lips met yours, and your mouth filled with his blood.

You were startled, but at the same time, there was something strangely intimate and comforting about it. He embraced you. The slightest trickle of blood spilled out of your mouth while your eyes and body began to return back to its normal human-like features. You suddenly felt so heavy and unresponsive. You couldn't move... you didn't want to move and let the darkness take over.

"Ikoma..."