Chapter 2 -- Two Years Later and Second Meeting

Sorry I haven't updated in a while but I should be able to more often now (I hope).

This hasn't been edited as I use my right clicky-button thingy to do that but my touchy-mousie isn't working and I can only left click on my tablet setting =[

So, sorry again for the awful grammar and spelling. 

Also, this may be a little confusing, if it is, please let me know what's confusing =]

Elle is over and out, chee ;]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After two long years of hard studying and training, it was time for my final exam. I was frightened out my mind- if I didn’t win this, I was banished to eternal imprisonment.

The exam consisted of six tests on the topic we had been studying, which were simple enough if you revised and listened, like any exam and a practical exam. This is where you fight with your partner on your side against another pair. This represents if you are attack by some minions or get in a fight protecting an alive person. Seems simple enough, right? Well, it would be if it wasn’t for one catch, you do not see your partner throughout the two years you are study. Any contact what so ever is punishable through expulsion. You have to hope for instant co-operation – if you don’t have you pretty much lose.

So, today’s the day. I sat jittering in my classes’ waiting room next to my best friend over the last two years, Yuzuki. She had her left hand wrapped around mine, which clenched together in my lap. She whispered and hushed me, trying to calm my nerves.

“You have no need to worry – if worse comes to worst, tell him you should go one on one.” She repeated the line of action we planned when we heard of this. I sighed aloud, my legs trembling and my heart pounding in my head.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

I can’t do this.

Just then, a class mate walked back into the room and smile on her lips and the nervousness I had seen in her eyes before her battle gone. She flipped her platinum blonde her behind her shoulder, back to her cocky self. She sat down with her friends and they staged their conversation in loud, annoying voices.

“How did it go, Amanda?” One follower said, her pink lipstick covered lips in a smirk that could only be outdone by her cocky leader.

“It was easy, obviously. No one can beat me,” My over-cocky classmate said. “As I’m the best in the school.” She flipped her hair over her shoulder again.

 “Oh, if you’re the best in the school then why is it whenever you go up against Lyn or me you end up on your arse calling for mummy?” Yuu snapped, standing up and taking a step towards her.

“Why don’t you back-off loser before I show you what I just did to my opponent.” Amanda stood up and took the step forward into Yuu’s face.

“I’d love to see the fluke you pulled.” Yuu smiled evilly. A crone stood up behind Amanda and I stepped up behind Yuu, putting my hand on her shoulder to say I had her back. Fear shone through Amanda’s eyes.

“Yuzuki Omori! Amanda Veinn! If you dare to fight now, it won’t matter whether you win your fight.” An exam observer said from the door. Amanda gave Yuu a mucky look before turning away, flicking her hair back. Yuu watched then turned away, scrunching her face up and flicking her short bob behind her. The class laughed with Yuu and Amanda’s crones that had seen scowled.

“Evelyn Radeke! You’re up!” The observer said and I walked up to him. “Your partner is Viorel Novoa.” I nodded and he patted my back as I left.

Here goes nothing.

The field was a simple oval dirt ground. Our teacher sat around the field in the step like seats, their eyes full of anticipation. This battle determines the future of many people, not just Viorel’s and mine.

Viorel looked up at me as I entered through the door. I nodded curtly which he returned. Our opponents walked through the door, a couple of men in their thirties with huge builds and muscles.

“We can’t let them hit us.” I whispered to Viorel who I now stood next to.

“They don’t look like they can fly very well. What’s your element?” He replied, his light blue wings folding out his back.

“Erm…” I shuffled slightly, my wings unfolding slowly. “I don’t have one.” He looked at me in shock then with fear. My white wings popped open, they were larger than his.

“I hope you can fight.” He mumbled taking off as one charged at him. I shot up in the air, going high in the stands so the men left on the floor were just specks in the middle of the stands. I turned rapidly, swooped down, aiming straight at the dot with my wings tucked in tight. I pulled a dagger from my ankle strap and cut down his back before turn quickly upwards again to Viorel’s side.

“So, what’s the plan, Water-boy?” I asked, smirking slightly.

“How-?” He started.

“You have blue tinted wings, anyway, I’m thinking I do some quick attacks to keep sure they can’t fly then you flood the place.” I smiled.

“I can’t release that much water that quickly.” He replied.

“That’s why I’m the one keeping sure they can’t fly. You focus.” I snapped, he nodded and started concentrating.

The man I had attacked earlier fired a throwing knife at me, which I dodged easily. I swooped down again but this time to the other man. I landed in front of him, cocking my head to the side like a curious dog. I quickly pulled my leg up, kicking him in the face to distract him while I threw some throwing knives of my own, pinning the bottom of his tracksuit bottoms to the floor. I threw them with extra power, keeping sure I buried them hard into the dusty ground. The other man came behind me as I did this, aiming a powerful punch for my back. I turned quickly, karate chopping his arm, making it lose aim.

“Evelyn!” Viorel yelled my name and I took off from the ground. Well, tried, one of them had pinned my left foot to the ground.

Shit! I thought, We’re going to lose this.

I braced myself for the impact of the water, filling my lungs with air and holding it there – as long as I went out before him, Viorel was free.

But the impact never came. Instead, I felt a warm presence behind me, brushing my back ever so slightly. I opened my eyes slowly, I saw a wall of water surround me, the other two men fighting for oxygen. I turned round to see Viorel stood with his arm out wide, his face filled with pain and concentration, holding the water away. His arms trembled like he could let go any minute.

I bent down, working on my foot and pulling the pin out. I flew up and over the water to see our opponents sinking from lack of conscience. Viorel rose behind me, thrashing his arms about like he was trying to summon something.

“Viorel Novoa and Evelyn Radeke win!” The announcer shouted and the water disappeared. So that’s what he was doing.