Chapter 1

Aiden's POV

I walked in 'Samantha's Bakery' to get a birthday cake for Lee, my sister. It's her 17th Birthday. After selecting the cake I took out my wallet to pay the cashier. I gave her my Debit card to pay and at the same moment something fell from my wallet. I bent down to pick it up and saw its her photo. A cute and beautiful 4 year old girl. Short shoulder length hair. Seeing that photo stirs an indescribable feeling in my heart. Hurt? Longing? Pain? I don't know, not any more.

15 years ago

"Please don't go, teddy."

"I've to princess. My whole family is moving to New York. Believe me, I don't want to go too, but I have to. I'm sorry."

"Teddy....Teddy" she started crying and hugged him tightly.

"Princess, will you promise me one thing?" he asked.

"Anything Teddy, anything." she said between tears.

"Promise me, Princess. You won't ever forget me, ever."

She smiled slightly and replied "Never, ever. I promise. Never."

Then they hugged each other reminiscing their last moments together.

Back to Present

I got out of the bakery holding a bag with cake in it. Just as I was about to enter my Jagaur F TYPE S Manual when my phone rang. I took it out and checked my called ID. It was Chole my secretary. I got into my car and answered the call.

"Hello" I said.

"Hello Boss. The investors from Dubai are here."

"Okay, take them to conference room and tell them that I'll join them shortly. Make sure they are provided with everything they want."

"Yes Boss. Anything else?" Chole asked

"That's all." I said and hung up and started driving.

After sometime of driving my phone started ringing again without looking at the Caller's ID I answered it.

"Hello" I said.

"Hey Bro, you bought my cake?" Oh its Leena again.

"Yeah, I got it."

"Oh..Okay then see you at the party." she exclaimed excitedly and hung up.

Oh god, Lee needs to grow up she's not ten anymore. For gods sake she's 17 and still wants me to bring her birthday cake. Last year I told my secretary to get a cake delivered at the office. I took that cake and went home. As soon as I entered our mansion she started crying and told me that she knew I didn't go to the shop. Seriously? Cake is a cake. That day I went to the Bakery at 7 in the evening and bought her cake.After that I learned my lesson. But I can't do this anymore now she has to understand. It's really difficult to take out time from my busy schedule right now.

****

Jade's POV

It's been one year since I moved from UK to USA. I was living in Chicago untill now but a month ago I was accepted at Crestview University - one of the best Unis in New York. A week ago I shifted to New York from Chicago for Uni and living in a small rented apartment here. But today is my last day at the apartment.

I'll be going to the University tomorrow and then I will be living in dorms. I'm glad that I got accepted on a Scholarship there or I wouldn't have been able to study. I didn't have money. I worked in a coffee shop in Chicago. Though I'll have to find a new job here that's near university to pay for my monthly expenses. But today I am going to enjoy roaming the streets of New York.

After roaming for the whole day my legs ache very much. I returned back to my apartment. I was so tired that I decided to call it an early night. As I entered my small apartment I saw my suitcase in the front room. Then I headed for my bedroom. I took a shower, changed and brushed my teeth. I set the alarm in my phone at 6:00 am before crawling into bed and pulling the covers over me. I smiled and got comfortable in my bed.

Tomorrow is going to be fresh start.
Everything is gonna be new.
Tomorrow is gonna be a day to rise and SHINE

****

Thank you so much for reading this!!!

I hope you like my book. Please support it. It's my first book.

I'll try my best to meet your expectations.

Please like and comment if you think it deserves it. :)))

Love,
xoxo