Chapter 4: An Understudy?

Hi. I'm tired. Quick chapter. Read it, then go to sleep.

PERCY POV

Today was the day. The cast list was to be posted in an hour. I'm not even sure why I'm excited.

Why do I care? She probably didn't notice me. She probably doesn't care. I'll bet she's too busy. She probably dances all day, every day. She doesn't have time.

But I'll be at the studio. I'm not busy during the fall, because swimming season isn't until spring. I can come to the studio and watch.

But I don't want to look like a stalker.

Ugh. Why does everything have to be so complicated?

••••••••••••••••••

ANNABETH POV

Thalia and I sprinted to the studio. Despite the obstacles(I fell off the sidewalk into the road), we made it.

We looked through the glass door of the studio to the bulletin board, where a pale blue sheet of paper was pinned. It said:

"SWAN LAKE CAST

Odette-Odile: Sabrina Lancaster

Understudy: Annabeth Chase

Princess Mother: Thalia Grace..."

And so on, and so on, there were about twenty more people. We had already found out what our parts were. We didn't need to read any further.

Sabrina Lancaster was about three years older than me( I'm 16) and had been dancing for 13 years, so I wasn't sad about being an understudy. She was tall, brunette, and a great dancer.

Thalia was okay with her role. "Not thrilled," she told me, "But okay. It's not like I'm the Hungarian bride. It's cool."

We left the studio and made a beeline for the bakery. I got another chocolate chip cookie and Thalia bought a petit four. It was pale pink, and she said it looked like "the tutu she was going to have to wear." She despises the color pink, like to the point where she scraped some of the icing off, but due to her love of cake, she ate all of it anyway.

We decided to go to Thalia's house, which was about a three-minute walk from the intersection, unlike mine, which was on the corner of the two streets. Her house, unlike mine, was not in the historic district, so it was much different. It's very modernish. I can't describe it, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

We went to her room, which was about twice the size of mine, with a flat-screen television(lucky duck!) and a king-sized bed. We gossiped and chatted for a few hours, and by then it was so late, I stayed the night.

••••••••••••••••••••••

PERCY POV

Annabeth was an understudy. An understudy. I let that process. Well, she was the lead's understudy, and she had to be at every practice, so that was good. For me. Gods, I'm so selfish.

Oh, and by the way, the reads on this story doubled last night. YAY!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...... We out.

-livelovebooksss