Chapter 6: Prancing and Paper Chains

I am SOOOOOOOOOO SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO UPDATE. I PROMISE I HAVE BEEN WRITING EVERY CHANCE I'VE HAD WHICH IS LIKE ZERO SO YEAH AND I ALSO PROMISE YOU ONE OR TWO MORE CHAPTERS THIS WEEK. OKAY? And I hope you don't hate me because I love you. And btw, forty reads in four days?!? That's crazy!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
ANNABETH POV
Thalia and I walk eight blocks before arriving at school. We have three classes together(World History, Chemistry, and AP Art). During the walk, I described in detail me and Percy's conversation from yesterday.
"I wonder if he goes to our school," I muttered as the two of us walked through the front doors of the school.
"I doubt it. I mean, we haven't seen him before, we've been going to high school here for two years, and he doesn't seem to be new in town--"
We walked into home room, World History, and, in the back of the classroom, sat Percy, staring at the ceiling and twiddling his thumbs.
"Oh my..."
"Oh gods. What is it this time?" Thalia muttered from down the hallway.
"I'll tell you later."
Thalia set off for her classroom, and I sat in the middle of the room, so we didn't look suspicious. Excitedly, I took the books out of my backpack. Wait, can you do that excitedly? I guess so. Hmm.
It is very hard to pay attention in class due to the fact I have dyslexia and ADHD. My mind was all over the place, but mainly focused on the boy sitting behind me, which is fairly hard to believe, considering, you know, my learning disabilities...
I rushed to my locker after class. I had to talk to Thalia.
"Mr. Jennings's Homeroom? Really?"
"Yeah!"
"Did you eat breakfast?"
"Yes, why? And was that subject change intentional?"
"Uh, no, but we are missing break, and I did not eat at home."
"Well, lets make this conversation a mobile one. And, you know, hope there are still chocolate muffins when we get to the cafeteria."
We ate quickly and continued to chat. About boys, and school, and schedules, and muffins, and stupid stories, and boys.
Picking muffin out of her teeth(rather disgusting), Thalia(like she cared) asked, "Do you have art next period?"
"Yeah," I replied instantly.
We walked quickly to Mr. Pruitt's room, which, happy dance (not) was on the other side of campus. His room was large, with a light blue paper chain strewn across the ceiling, but, as far as paper chains go, this one was pretty and good-looking. And about forty feet long. "Insane," as Thalia put it.
Most of the next two classes was comprised of introductions, "name games", and all that first day of school stuff. At lunch, Thalia was bummed that "the lunch lady forgot her cookie."
"Aghhhhhhhhh."
"It's a cookie."
"Exactly."
"Alrighty then. Let it ruin your day. I'm staying positive."
"You remind me of my Aunt Iris."
"Ew."
Three classes went by, and still, sadly, no Percy.
"Sucks to suck," Thalia said.
"Thalia!" I shrieked.
"What?"
"Never mind."
British Literature, P.E., and AP U.S History went by in a flash. More introductory exercises, yada yada yada.
The final bell rang, and when I walked out the door, I was nearly trampled by Thalia. Gotta love her.
"School's out! Yeah!"
"Why does this excite you? I need a reason."
"One: no homework. Two: rehearsal. Three: umm...... ahhhhhh..... I got nothing."
"Exactly my point. Normal day."
"Okay."
Trying not to be embarrassed, I kept my distance from the newly energized Thalia. Prancing down the sidewalk, she looked like a bit of an idiot. I checked my planner to make sure I didn't have much homework and could stop by the bakery after practice. Wait. No. Hyper Thalia+sugar= BOOM. Explosion of the earth. I decided against it.
Two hours later, we made our way home. Homes? Ways? Ugh. Stupid literature teacher has me confused. He likes to throw a little grammar into every lesson, so I've been told.
I didn't bother to eat dinner when I got home. I just slept. BAM. Asleep. Just what I needed.
Wow. That was extremely long. I apologize again for the wait. Love you all!
-livelovebooksss