Chapter IX | Camelot

Sorry this is incredibly late! I had a bad cold again, an ear infection, so much happened. I had a lot of schoolwork to make up due to my absence. Sorry!

The family laid unconscious in soft, yet firm beds.  The royal doctor evaluated each of them, feeling for a pulse, and watched their breathing.  They're alive, he confirmed.  They looked peaceful as their chests rose and fell with their breaths of air.

A king had taken notice of the beautiful sword the young bearded man had.  Eventually, the family had awoken, their eyes fluttering open like the wings of a humming bird.  Different colored irises scanned the room, trying to find someone or something to recognize. The place looked fancy and cared for with all the attention to detail on the walls, and the floor, and the ceiling.

Their eyes landed on a troupe of noble men, walking towards them in an organized pattern. "Ah! Finally they have awoken," a young bearded man said, his blue eyes piercing.

"Wha-who are you? Where are we?" Regina asked groggily, sitting up in the comfortable bed.

"I'm King Arthur. Welcome to Camelot!"

"King Arthur?! Camelot?! Like the old stories!" Henry shouted, catching the young king's attention.

However, the king ignored the boy's excitement. "There is a legend about a savior coming to this land, preferably from another land. Are any of you a savior, one who sacrifices and saves all but themselves?" Arthur asked.

Regina nudged Ben in the side, causing him to shake his head. "It's not me, Regina. If anyone's a savior it's you, you know besides Jesus of course," he whispered.

"I'm no Saint," she mumbled back and he frowned at her.

"Anyone? It is also said that the savior is the only one who can awaken Merlin the Sorcerer."

"I-I'm the...s-word," Regina finally said.

"You are? Well isn't that convenient?" Arthur chirped. "I'm glad we found you. Where is it you came from, dear savior?"

"Recently? Hell. I was KIA for awhile," she teased.

"KIA? You were a car brand? Regina, my love, that doesn't make any sense," Ben pointed out, cutely confused.

"Ben, honey, KIA means "killed in action,'" she explained, squeezing his hand as he felt a pang in his heart.

She was dead for over three years. Dead. Three years gone.

"You were dead? How are you even still here?" Arthur asked.

"You can thank Zeus. He...he let me go."

Arthur smiled at them, walking towards Regina, and taking her hand. Jealously surged through Ben, like always. He was always scared to lose her. "We shall celebrate your appearance, Regina the Savior, through a ball in the dancing hall," he offered with a smirk.

   They all got out of bed after Arthur let go of Regina's hand, and adjusted a sword in his hilt.  Ben's brows furrowed.  "Is...is that the Sword of Truth?" Ben asked, crossing in front of Regina to get a better look at the weapon.