Chapter XIII | Home Bound

Regina recognized that voice of her friend; the hatter.

"Regina?" Jefferson acknowledged. "You died.  H-how are you here?"

She smiled and walked towards the confused man. "My family brought me back.  Well, Zeus actually," she said with a smirk.

He still couldn't believe it and pulled her into a hug. He took in the scent of apples she put off. She always smelled like apples.  It was really her.  "I can't believe it's really you. I'm happy you're back.  And you're a little cut up, what happened?"

   "Oh the usual; fighting ancient dragons that turn into powerful men who throw you into trees constantly," she explained sarcastically. "And a literal battle between gods and mortals." He chuckled at her humor.

   "You alright?"

   "Perfectly fine."

"You know, you really are a hero for saving everybody. Thank you."

"Ben did a lot of the dragon and gods battle."

They smiled at each other as a 9 year-old Winter walked into the diner with her brother Derek. The little girl gasped as she saw the woman she never thought she'd see again. "'GINA!!!"

"Winter!" Regina shouted as she caught the girl that leaped into her arms.

"How are you alive?!"

"I just am, Winter."

"I missed you!"

"I missed you too, sweetheart," Regina said as tears filled her eyes.

Regina hugged a teary-eyed Winter and held her in her arms as she turned to Jefferson. "I never asked; what's been going on with you?"

"I'm engaged to Red," he stated with a large smile and Regina's mouth dropped open. 

"Benny had to do some convincing just for him to date her!" Winter called out and the two chuckled.

"I'm happy for you Jefferson. I wish the best for your family."

"Regina?! Oh my God!" Red shouted from the counter, clumsily placing an order on the counter and running to the brunette.

Regina placed Winter down on the tile floor before Red crashed into her, squeezing the air out of her with a hug. "You're a hero, Regina! You saved everyone!" She yelled out, parting from her.

Then the perky diner girl grabbed her fiancé's hand, giggling in the process. "Has Jefferson told you about us?" Red asked, squeezing his bicep.

"Yes, he has. Congratulations," she said with a big smile.

Red kissed Jefferson before running off to serve the order, and he chuckled at her awkwardness. Regina looked down at Winter who pulled on her arm. "Yes, sweetheart?"

"Where's Benny?"

"He said he had to get something. Sometimes I wonder why I fell for that goofball," she muttered.

Then, Ben bursted through the door with a cardboard box filled with Summer's Eve apple body wash. Regina gave him "the look." "Ben, what on Earth?"

"I was out," he teased.

   "Hey, everyone!  Look who's back!" Jefferson yelled out to the diner, an arm around Regina.