CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT.

William was a bit taken back at your question. It was surprising, really. Your first phrase out of unconsciousness and those were the words you uttered. Wincing a bit, William looked behind him to see Ronald standing worriedly beside the door.

"You've got about a day left, ________." Ronald said, taking a look at his wristwatch that William gave him.

You could sense the worry in everyone's faces but that only motivated you to get out of bed and reassure everyone that you're alright now. You smiled sheepishly at them, William still not convinced that you're ready to go. Beside him, you could feel Grell stare at you with a tint of hatred in his gaze.

"Seems like you're still missing that pocket-watch, William." You said.

"I-It seems so, ________." William replied, still not believing that you acted like nothing happened.

"Let's go get it."

By this time, you wanted to prove them wrong. You sat up from the bed, William rushing to you to gently push you back down to rest. You gripped his arm tight, his breath hitching a bit from your sudden act.

-----------------------------

As soon as she placed a tight hand on my arm, I backed away and let her do what she wanted. She sat up and placed both feet on the ground. Her legs both wobbled a bit as she puts her entire weight on them, soon standing upright. She's perfectly fine. I was relieved.

"So?" She started, smiling back up at me. "Come on, let's go get that pocket-watch, William~"

She snapped me out of my thoughts, not really understanding what she said, I could only nod in response. I took her hand and gave it a small kiss, still a bit cold from shock. Funny, because I think I'm the one who's in shock.

"I'm just glad you're okay." I said. If Grell and the others weren't here, I might have just bursted out, crying.

"I am." She replied, giving me and the others a smile.

She started to take a step, and she would have stumbled down on the floor if I hadn't caught her. What happened in the woods? I wanted to know but... I don't think it's the right time for me to ask yet. I don't think she'll even answer me right if I do.

I looked at everyone's faces of confusion, worry, and surprise. I cleared my throat and fixed my monocle, hoping to get back to my former self again. Seriously, I feel awkward letting my true feelings emerge in front of my subordinates, let alone, Grell and Ronald.

She took her second step. I tried to accompany her as she did. That is, until she looked back at me, the same way I would have looked at a demon when I see one. "I'm fine.", she huffed. I held my breath, not getting used to her not being herself. But I guess she's just going through a lot lately. I mean, she is just starting out as a Reaper. Maybe I should give her some space. Yes, that might be it.

She was out of the room with Ronald following quietly and nervously behind her. I was about to take another step when I noticed Grell glaring at _______'s way like she'd done something wrong.

"What's with the look, Grell?" I asked, concerned.

"I don't like her." He replied, not looking at me like he normally does when we're talking.

I was silent. Didn't they just get along well a while back in the Main Area? What... Happened? "Very well, then." With that, I left the room.

I saw them already exiting the door from the far hallway straight ahead that lead back to the Main Area. Was she really serious about getting that pocket-watch? Sure, I need it but.. I could just get it by myself now that she's been through things I didn't even know. She didn't need to come with me. Besides, I'm a Supervisor, I could just issue a new one, I suppose.