CHAPTER THREE

You didn't take a wink of sleep at all. You swore your roomie didn't change from her position. You sorta grew used to it now. It was like having an ornamental statue-guardian beside you.

How long has it been? An hour? Two? Can't say. You rolled over from the couch, hoping to find anything that can tell the current time. And just like a bed, there was none. WHERE ARE ALL THE USUAL THINGS YOU NEED IN A ROOM IN HERE?!

I guess that was one thing to be missed in the human world. You finally sat up, a bit disappointed that you didn't have it in you to at least get some 'rest' ever since William left you in this room. Your roommate was still focused at you. She looked like she wasn't looking at you, she was looking THROUGH you.

You sighed. You felt like you wouldn't last until tomorrow at this rate. You don't feel sleepy, you can't talk to anyone else and you can't go anywhere without William with you. WHAT'S THERE LEFT TO DO?!

"So," you started again, feeling as if your hope is lost and you might as well talk to her again. "How long have you been like this, huh?"

No response.

"..... What is your purpose here?" You asked, getting irritated once again since she's not replying at all. "Oh, curse you, for all I care, I'm going out."

With that, you felt like you were left with no choice but to leave this silent hellhole with the silent Reaper. Making sure you have your key with you, you didn't hesitate to open the door which you entered not too long ago.

The sun was still up or, at least that's what you think it was. Do they even have the sun here in Purgatory?

You took the left hallway where you and William came from, hoping to find the Main Room to at least read some magazines and brochures or whatever. Here it comes again. That long hallway that would make anyone annoyed.

"Ca-caw!" You shouted, hearing that very word echo through the hallways. You had nothing better to do. And you were bored out of your suits. You might as well. You don't see anyone around that could stop you.

You noticed another hallway going to the left that you didn't recall was there earlier when you came in. Maybe you were too focused in William's story about Lucius that you didn't notice it. Man, you tend to really miss a lot of things today ever since you became a Reaper.

And you know that starting tomorrow, you have to be alert. For William.

As you approach that second hallway, you could hear faint footsteps becoming louder rather quickly. You weren't fast enough as another Reaper ran into you as you passed by the hallway, both of you resulting with your buns on the floor.

"Ow! S-Sorry, there, miss!" He said, getting up, rubbing the 'injury' he had.

"No, I should be the one who's sorry." You replied, laughing a bit at yourself since you were now a million times clumsier than before. What a way to start your first day.

"Hi, I'm Ronald Knox." He took your hand as soon as you were on your feet. "Nice to meet you." He held your hand to his lips and gently kissed it, immediately shrugging off the embarrassing fall you two shared.

"_________. My pleasure." You said as your eyes took a bit of adjusting since his shocking blond hair blinded you for a bit. And... Is his hair black at the same time?! You were definitely sure it was. You haven't seen anything like his hair before.

"And cool, is that a monocle?"

"Uh, yes."

"I didn't know they were making those with the uniform now..."

"Um, no. They're not--"

"OH CRAP, I'M GONNA BE LATE!"

"Late for what?"