Late Night Conversations

Jace's phone buzzed. Reluctantly he sat up and blinked the sleep from his eyes. He searched groggily through the sheets for his cellphone. He found it.
"Val ;)" his caller ID read. If it'd been anyone else he'd have ignored it, but with Valentina Martin it could be anything and so he answered.

"Hello?" He said in a matter-O-fact tone that he knew Val hated.
"Where do you think things go when they disappear?" Val's excited voice came through the phone.
"Christ Val, it's 3am and you call to ask me that?"
" Well actually it's only 2:58" she retorted.
"I should hang up on you. But I'm too awake now," he said, and he was.
"So," she said inquisitively, " where do they go?"
"Where does what go?"
"My God, Jace. Don't you listen to a thing I say. Where do things go when they disappear?"
"Oh..." He hesitated "through the trap door I guess."
"No." She sighed , " I mean when they really disappear."
"Things don't really disappear, Val." He teased.
"But if they could?"
"They can't"
"Hypothetically speaking?" she groaned.
"I really don't know, " he admitted.
She huffed obviously growing annoyed, "Do you think they're just... Gone? Or do you think they go some place else?"
He pondered her question for a moment, "I think they go somewhere else," he paused for a moment then added "Why do you ask?"
"Just curious." she chirped.
"As always" he chuckled, "Where do you thing things go when they disappear."
"I don't know " she said, "But I'm going to find out"
"And just ho-"
     She cut him off. The line disconnected. She'd hung up. She did this a lot. It was who she was. A philosophical and adventurous teen girl with a lot of silly questions and crazy dreams and ideas. She was a wild card if there ever was one. Jace laughed to himself as he rolled back over and let sleep consume him once more.