Chapter 9 - Adeline's POV

Chapter 9
A's POV

"I'm doing it, I'm doing it," I tell Julia as I hold my phone higher.

"Don't text him!" she complains as she tries to reach for my phone.

I've already typed up the text and have yet to click send. Struggling to grab my phone from my grasp, Julia keeps reaching for it.

"You suck," she finally gives up as she crosses her arms, sticking her her tongue out at me.

Sticking my tongue back at her, I hit send and rub it in her face.

Julia doesn't want me to text Eli and ask him to come to the movies with Zach, Russell, Sierra, and I because Josh said that he couldn't make it because the coach is putting intense pressure on the football team for some reason. Maybe because they have been in a slump lately. But nonetheless he couldn't make it, so I suggested asking Eli and she panicked.

"Come on, it's not the end of the world," I poke Julia.

"He's not even going to come Ads," Julia huffs.

"How do you expect to be asked if you won't even spend time with him?" I question.

"By not going on a triple date, ugh I just wanted to see this movie and then you invite everyone. I can't-"

Hearing my phone vibrate I turn it on and Eli says he's free tomorrow. A couple minutes later Julia turns flips through the channels and settles for some reality tv show.

Asking him if he wants to come to the movies with Julia, Zach, and I, I slip on my glasses and wait for a reply. I don't really wear my glasses that often as I'm always using contacts. I just don't enjoy the hassle of having to take them off and on in between classes and all that.

A couple minutes later I get a reply saying he'll come and I smile.

"Guess who's coming to the movies tomorrow?" I tease Julia.

Groaning she just whacks me with the pillow next to her. Laughing, I put my phone down and continue watching the show.

---

Julia stayed over just for the convenience of Zach being able to give us both a ride over to the theaters. And so when we woke up, around twelve might I add. We headed downstairs to find my mom and dad watching tv.

"There's still leftover Chinese food from yesterday in the fridge girls," Dad says as we walk into the kitchen.

"Thanks dad!" I reply as we head towards the fridge and grab some of the take out boxes.

Setting them on the table, I grab two plates and forks from the dishwasher. Scooping some food onto my plate, Julia does the same. While she's still gathering her food I heat mine up in the microwave and she follows shortly after. Eating in the kitchen, Julia shows me one of Francis' videos.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up with someone like Francis, after all she does get notifications when he posts new videos.

"So what do you like about Eli?" I ask after the video's finished.

"I don't know, he's just really funny, easy to talk to, and well he's pretty cute if you ask me," Julia gushes.

"Interesting," I nod my head in approval, as I continue to eat my lunch.

After finishing up we head back to my room and I ask her if she wants to hear what I'm working on for the talent show.

"Sure!" Julia replies excitedly and I roll my eyes as I get my guitar and guitar pick and sit on my bed.