Chapter 31 - Adeline's POV

Pictured is Adeline's NYE Outfit (:
Song of the chapter is Adeline's moooOoOoOooOoD!! Super cool song I found that was relatable to my character as I was enduring a writing marathon, which is the most exercise I do

Chapter 31
A's POV

Stretching in my bed, I sit up get right back into my bed. Taking my phone off of my night stand and unplugging it, I immediately go onto eQuipps.

Seeing posts with people in festive clothing and cheesy holiday cards, I laugh. Spotting a few posts of people with their significant others' under the mistletoe, I can't help but let my mind drift to Eli. I don't know if I can trust Francis' words of reassurance, but I hope that everything really will work out in the end.

Deciding to get out of bed, I slip my phone into my sweatpants pocket and head to the bathroom to freshen up before going to the kitchen.

Since Dad is going to New York for New Years to be with his family tomorrow, I'm staying at my mom's house. I mean I'm usually at home with my mom because she lives closer to school and after my parents separated, my mom got to keep the house. My dad then moved a few cities away since there was a job opening at another office for the company he works at.

Walking into the kitchen it smells like cookies, which is quite odd for eleven in the morning.

"Mom, why are you making cookies this early?" I ask before yawning.

"You do remember we're going to your Aunt Henley's house for dinner tonight?" she tells me as if she's told this to me before.

"You never told me.." I trail off before opening the cupboards for a box of cereal.

"Well I figured you would be able to draw some simple conclusions based on the fact that there were boxes of toys in the living room yesterday and today they're magically wrapped," she laughs.

The oven dings, signalling the cookies' time in the blazing heat is now over and my mom grabs her oven mitts before opening the oven door and taking the tray out.

Laying the tray on the counter, I grab a bowl and pour some cereal inside and continue to prepare my breakfast while she puts some more cookie dough onto another baking sheet.

After preparing my breakfast, I store the milk and cereal box in their respective homes in our kitchen and walk to the living room. Plopping myself on the couch, I turn on the tv and am greeted by Christmas movies and I smile.

After a few minutes of watching Elf in peace, my mom comes out of the kitchen with a puzzled look on her face.

"How come you haven't left the house recently? Are Zach and his family not spending the holidays here this year?" she asks with her hands on her hips. "Your dad also got your car fixed, it's in the driveway, he dropped it off this morning if you haven't noticed already." she adds.

I wouldn't know, we're not together anymore.

"We're kind of fighting at the moment," I quickly make up before shoving another spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

"Oh," she pauses with a loss for words. "Well, I'm sure it will all work out sweetie," she smiles before she is called back into the kitchen by the noise of the oven.

I don't know, I just didn't have the heart to tell her that we weren't dating anymore. She had been so excited that I had a date to junior prom and I knew she liked him because she had called him "such a sweet boy" for driving me to school and always helping me out with little things. From buying me the perfect birthday or Christmas present, to taking me on dates, to surprising me with flowers or little trinkets I had been eyeing at stores we went to, he treated me right, but I knew that we weren't meant to be.