9 years ago (Nicole's Flashback)

9 Years ago.

"Can you just stop singing you stupid little twerp! Ugh! I can't believe your dumbass parents left me to babysit YOU... on a FRIDAY night. I'm calling Marcus!" Tabitha said, slurring her words - surely drunk- she had a beer bottle in one hand and her cell phone in the other, she began dialing numbers into the keypad and put the phone up to her ear. "Oh my god Marcus... you need to get over here... yeah.. i'm stuck babysitting NICKY.. she WON'T shut up... you better not come here without beer... you're coming? good. see you." She hung up and looked at Nnicole with total disgust. Tabitha tThrew a pillow at Nicole and started insulting her to tears. There was a ringing at the door. Tabitha jumped up and glared at Nicole, "Don't even THINK about talking to Marcus! I will throw you outside in the DARK." Nicole continued playing with her toys, staying quiet for fear of being trapped outside again by Tabitha. A tall boy with black hair and green trim at the ends, black baggy jeans and facial piercings, bends down above Nicole and gives her a warm smile, "Hi there little one, is Tabby scaring you?" Nicole slightly nods so the evil babysitter behind Marcus wouldn't quite see.

They both sat down on the couch and Marcus looked worried. ¨Have you found him yet?" Tabitha asked as she took another swig of her beer and leaned back on the sofa. " No.. the police have no leads. I don't think they will ever find him..¨ Marcus lowered his head in disbelief. ¨Who?¨ Nicole asked. She was so curious about the missing person. Marcus lifted up his head and looked Nicole dead in the eyes and his voice was very monotone and serious. ¨You haven't heard?¨ Nicole shivered to the tone in his voice and Marcus took a deep breath and was shaking like crazy. ¨The Nowhere woods are very popular for only one reason.... my brother Sam got lost in the woods because my dad threw a frisbee too far. they were in the backyard, and the edge of Nowhere is right outside of our house. I can't sleep worth a crap and I'm a complete mess. The police have no leads and I can't help but think he is dead.¨ Marcus grabbed the bottle from Tabitha's drunken, loose grip. He chugged the rest of the bottle and threw it at the wall.