Chapter 4

Lily's P.O.V.

The next morning I woke up seeing a note that my mom had already left for work. So I carried on like usual. Got ready, straightened my hair, ate breakfast and left with Savannah for school.

When 6th period rolled around, Savannah, Bernie, and I picked our seats in the back like usual. But something was different. Mr. Styles was acting different.

He wouldn't look at me the whole period like he usually would. He wouldn't call on me when I had the answer, even if I was the only one raising my hand. Plus, he seemed really out of it too.

"Was it because we kissed and I rejected him?" I thought. I mean, he was very attractive, but teachers and students shouldn't be together. There was that one time where the teacher quit his job to be with his senior student and later come to find out that he's a sex offender. That's gross!

It seemed like an eternity, but class was finally over. I was last one to leave, so I decided to talk to Mr. Styles.

"Mr. Styles? Is everything okay? You seemed kinda down today." I asked, walking over to his desk.

"Everything is fine Mrs. Nichols. And why should you care? It's not your problem." He said, giving me attitude.

I was shocked. My mouth hung open at his attitude. He called me by my last name too. That hurt!

"You'd better shut your mouth Mrs. Nichols. You don't want to get flys in there." He said. This boy made my blood rush through my veins with anger.

I started to walk out of his room but then he said something.

"Don't forget that we have tutoring today!"

I just walked out and didn't say anything. I hated it when anybody in general gave me attitude. It made me livid.

I finally found Savannah and Bernie after walking around the school for about 10 minutes.

"There you are!" Bernie said, walking over to me.

"Yeah, what took you so long?" Savannah asked.

"Well I asked Mr. Styles why he was down today, trying to be nice and all he did was give me a whole bunch of attitude about 'Its none of your businesses' and sh*t." Bernie and Savannah chuckled at my swearing.

"C'mon guys. Let's go see a movie or something." I said.

-Later That Day-

After seeing a movie and getting Starbucks with the girls, I got home and laid down on my bed relaxing. I thought about what I should I do next. I decided that I should probably do homework since I had something due the next day.

I had been doing science homework for over an hour when the house phone rang. I groaned and went downstairs and got it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi Lily, it's me Mr. Styles. I was wondering why you didn't come to tutoring today."

I froze. I was so confused as to why he cared.

"Hello? Are you still there?" I immediately hung up after that.

"Why would he want to know why I didn't come?" I thought. I mean, he gave me all that sass when I wanted to talk to him earlier. He was being weird and sending me mixed signals. I hated that.

The phone rang a few minutes later. I knew it was him or a telemarketer because anybody that was actually my friend called my cell.

I went upstairs and changed into something comfortable. Then I went downstairs and started making dinner.

Fifteen minutes later, there was a knock at the door. I went to the door and looked through the peep hole. That's when I saw the chocolate curls outside.

*************************

Sorry that this chapter is so short. So how are you guys liking the new version? I like it a lot better in my opinion. Still more to come! Please give me your feedback and don't forget to comment and vote!(:

~Zombiecupcakequeen