Bloodwing

" Oh no.... hell no you don't! You bandits always have to ruin everything, don't you? You scams are sooo dead for freeing Evelyn from her cellar! I let you pass with the fact that you survived the train crash, took Roland away from me and saved Sanctuary...but I WON'T let you GET AWAY WITH MY CATALYST!" Handsome Jack had finally realized that I had escaped from the bounds of the machine that slowly drained my life's essence.

It felt weird wielding a sniper rifle after so long but much satisfying after my first headshot to an engineer that I spotted through the scope of the borrowed rifle. He started to piss us off by keeping on sending surveyors, fixing the damaged loaders.

We continued walking towards the observation wing, fighting hyperion intel, enclosed creatures and loaders sent from the moon base. Sometimes we also stopped to pick up some slag samples. When I asked Maya the purpose of picking up the disgusting substance, she answered me that someone they knew named Patricia Tannis needed the samples for experimenting purposes. I shrugged and kept moving forward, keeping an eye for more of the substance.

It was good to once more feel the rush of the adrenaline in my skin that I always felt when 'hunting my pray', I occasionally brought out the stilettos when sniping wasn't the best option. Especially in the open areas without much cover. I quickly scanned trough the training in my head and let my body flow to the rhythm of the blades held in my palms, as if we were one being, flickering my wrists while moving swiftly in the breeze, stabbing anything that got too close.

My master always told me to think of it as a dance routine, always keep your body in balance with the feet and legs and free your mind from anything that might distract causing you to get out of rhythm, either failing to strike or even giving the opponent an advantage that you will surely regret. He used to make me meditate in most of our brakes from traveling, improving the ability to focus. Both helping in battle and relaxing; ''You can't always depend on your powers...there will be times of weakness for both you and your enemies. Remember that everything has a weak spot even the most powerful being like sirens,... like you Evelyn'', those were some of the words spoken by him before venturing on his own to kill Scar...never coming back.

"Attention Hyperion workers, president's speaking, reminding you all that to anyone who can kill the four vault hunters roaming around the preserve and bring me back the siren with brown hair and blue eyes alive, will be rewarded handsomely including a 'free' apartment in the town of opportunity." Jack's voice could be heard from the speakers all around the facility. Seconds later more engineers came out from the buildings trying to satisfy their boss by imprisoning me again, and certainly trying to claim the prize.

I stabbed one by one as they approached, at the same time dodging the stalkers trying to sneak on us and the occasional skag spit which was often released into the air. Effect 'cannonball'.

"We are getting closer to the bird, I can feel it. The observation wing is upstairs." I informed the others while running to cover from the explosion of a EXP loader, then quickly sniping an engineer's shoulder who tried to sneak up on Salvador from behind while he was gunzerking the horde of loaders ahead of us that are blocking our path.

"Thanks amiga!" he thanked me after head butting the worker behind him that was screaming in pain while holding the shoulder, making him fall unconscious on the floor.

I nodded in acknowledgment and ran over to help Axton who got injured by the blow of the EXP loader, stabbing the spare health-vial he gave me before, in his leg.

"I guess we are even now" He told me smiling while I was helping him up as he was deploying the sabre turret that started shooting at the enemy troops, giving us time to get to cover behind one of the big metal containers that were found around the room.