3.

The next morning they both went to pick up the newspaper again, Troye was on his way back when Connor got out of the elevator. Troye nodded, but wasn't smiling. However, he did say something. 

'Ah there we have the wall-whisperer' he smiled, it wasn't happy. Connor was surprised at that nickname, it sounded like a horrible tlc show. He kind of liked it too, as long as it wasn't his permanent nickname. 

'Good morning to you too wall-cryer' he said, not knowing if it would trigger something, but Troye smiled. Not showing any sign of disapproval. 

'I'm only agreeing to that because it's accurate' he stated, crossing his arms. 

'for now,' Connor added, before the elevator door put a wall in between them.

Connor picked up his newspaper and went back to his apartment to make himself some coffee. The sound of his coffee machine was very recognizable and the whole building knew how it sounded and what it meant. So did Connor's neighbor. 

Connor heard a knock on the door, he opened it and met eyes with a tall, slim boy with the cutest bouncy curls he had ever seen. 

'Hi,' Connor said, smiling widely at the sight of his neighbor. Troye wobbled on his feet,

 'Hi, uhm, so I ran out of coffee and I kind of really need caffeine to start off my day..' he said, trying to ask politely if he could get some of my coffee.

 'You can have some of mine if you want, I was actually just making it' Connor answered with his friendly voice. 

'Really?' Troye asked, still unsure if he wasn't crossing limits.

 'Yeah' Connor replied, stepping aside to let the tall boy into his apartment. He looked around for a bit while Connor got two mugs out and poured the hot liquid into them.

 'You have a really nice apartment' Troye stated, looking around, admiring it. 'It's so aesthetic' he smiled timidly. Connor laughed, 

'so tumblr' He said, mocking everyone that had ever been into his apartment. Troye laughed, 

'yeah exactly that' He took the mug from Connor that was meant for him. 'Thank you' he said politely, sitting down at one of the barstools in Connor's kitchen. Connor sat down across from him. 

'Soo, are you in college?' Troye asked, trying to start up a conversation. It felt weird because it felt like they had known each other for so long and were even friends but yet they knew so little about each other. 

'Yes, Troye, I'm just 21' Connor stated like it was so obvious and a shame that Troye didn't know that.

'You could have been a drop-out' Troye argued, defending himself. Connor thought it was kind of cute so he decided to give Troye the satisfaction of being right.

  'True, and you, are you in college?'

 'No, I'm mostly working, studying isn't really my thing' Troye explained, 'or well, I guess I'm just taking a gap year, I have to go to college someday, if I want to make it in life' He smiled, but it wasn't happy. Connor's jaw dropped, 

'Wait, you're only 18?' he said with widened eyes, he would have thought Troye was older. 

'yeah.. surprised?' Troye answered with a blush. 

 'Yeah kind of, I thought you were at least 20.' Connor stated, shamelessly studying the boy. He saw that Troye got a bit uncomfortable so he decided tochange the subject, 

'But nevermind, where do you work?' Connor asked  to keep the conversation going. Troye's shoulders relaxed again, 

'In the coffeeshop at the mall' he stated with a smile. He must really like it there.

 'But then why did you come to me for coffee?' Connor asked with a frown, he didn't mind it though, but it was.. odd? Troye's face quickly turned bright shades of red, and Connor could see him struggling with the words inside of his brain, as if he was a little kid that got caught stealing chocolate.

'I-I guess I just wanted to say thank you' he eventually uttered. Connor thought it was cute. 

'For what?'

 'Last night, showing that you cared, for not staying silent' Troye explained, gaining back his confidence. He was a tough one. 

 'I couldn't say nothing' Connor said, looking into the boy's eyes. They glared back, with a tiny light in them, and Connor coulnd't help but drown in them for a second. 'Why actually, did you decide to move here?' He asked while taking a sip of his coffee, it was still a bit too hot but Connor was used to it by now and he really needed it. 

'To be honest, I wanted to get closer to my boyfriendwho lives a couple blocks away and get some new experience, but well he broke up with me like.. 3 days ago..' he said softly, looking at his coffee, noticing the patterns twirling around in the hot liquid. Connor's eyes widened,

'What? Why?' he asked in confusion. Why would someone do that? When a person came all the way down here for you from a different country you would have stopped them if the relationship wasn't that serious. Troye shrugged,

 'He wanted to have more "fun" and more "experience"' Troye stated, Connor could see it still hurt the boy. 

'What an asshole' he muttered. 

'Yeah you can say that' Troye affirmed, clenching his fist around the ear of his mug.He drank the last bit that was left in it and checked his watch

 'But I gotta go to work, have fun at your college stuff or whatever you're doing, maybe you can drop by?' Troye said while standing up, I smiled at him, 

'I'll consider it' Connor teased with a grin on his face. Troye rolled his eyes and exaggerated a sigh.

 'Fine then don't'

 'Don't worry I'll drop by'

-------

it's currently 11:22 pm and I still have to do my homework. I started my new job today too so I guess I won't be able to update as regularly as I used to, so like what should I do? just pick a day of the week and update on that day, or 2 days, or just update whenever I get the chance too? What do you guys want/think is practical?

xo -J