Helga Gets Crushed

It is currently lunch break at PS 218 and Phoebe Heyerdahl and Gerald Johannson, best friends since they attended PS 118, are now sitting in the main courtyard of PS 218, talking about Gerald's recent problem which he knew what was coming to him since two weeks ago, when he was assigned his English project for the semester.

"So wait, you want me to help you write a poem?" Phoebe asked, confused. "You mean for your English class?"

"Yeah, I've got nothing so far, and this thing's due in three days." Gerald replied, running a hand through his hair in slight frustration.

"Well, I guess if that project's gotten you in this much distress, I could help you write your poem if you want."

"You'd seriously do that for me!?" Gerald exclaimed in shock.

"Of course!" Phoebe replied with a smile.

"Phoebe, can I talk to you for a sec?" Dr. Bliss, child psychologist of Hillwood walked over to the petite girl and the tall man with several papers in her hands.

"Sure, Dr. Bliss, is there anything I can do for you?" Phoebe asked in response.

"Yes, dear. Remember you wanted to take psychology for next semester?" Phoebe nodded in response. "Well apparently, there were some problems that occurred when students were being placed into their classes for next semester and turns out, you're a grade early to take Psychology."

"What? I thought I was qualified for sure to take that class."

"Well, you actually signed up for Senior Psychology, which you can't take until next year, your senior year, so I'm sorry to say that all we have available for you at the moment is Junior Psychology."

"But Dr. Bliss, can't I just take the final exam for Junior Psychology instead of taking the course?"

"There isn't anything that can really prevent you from doing that, but in order to skip the course and go to Senior Psychology, you would have to at least pass the exam, which is in two days. But after knowing you since my first day at PS 118, I know you'are capable of passing that exam with flying colors."

"Thank you so much, Dr. Bliss." Phoebe said, feeling optimistic.

"No problem, Phoebe. I know you'll do well." And with that, the woman with her papers left, smiling.

"Um, ahem?" A voice called behind Phoebe, so she turned around to find Gerald, raising an eyebrow while crossing his arms. It took her a few seconds until she finally realized what she did.

"Oh my gosh, Gerald! I'm so sorry! I completely forgot about my promise for a while." Phoebe replied, putting her hand up to her head and shaking it.

"Nah, it's okay. Your psychology business is very important to you as well."

"But now I feel guilty that I broke my promise..." Phoebe stared down at the ground, depressed. "Wait! I know what I can do now! Instead of me helping you write your poem, I can get someone else to help you write it!"

"Really? Thanks a lot Pheebs!"

While Gerald embraced Phoebe, a dancing Eugene was prancing around the courtyard until he finally crashed into a tree that he didn't even notice.

"Not Eugene though." Gerald said.

"I'm okay..." Eugene replied weakly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

School has already finished for the day and a stressed Gerald was now sitting in the school's library, waiting for a certain person that is supposed to help him with his poem.