Chapter 1: Move-In Day

"Well, that's the last of it," Timmy said dropping a box labeled: bathroom on the floor next to the rest of the boxes. The 18-year-old wiped the sweat off of his forehead and plopped down on a box that read: kitchen. He rolled up the sleeves on his pink button up as he heard glasses clink inside but was too tired to care about breaking anything. His blonde haired roommate walked in carrying several rolls of posters and a green tin container with a cannabis leaf picture on it. The freshman were tired, they'd moved in a sofa, a mattress, and several boxes into their dorm. It had taken the better part of the afternoon.

"Dude! How awesome is it that we get to room together our Freshman year?" Chester asked excitedly, setting down his posters and sitting on the floor. He opened his tin box and took a deep breath in through his nose. "Ahh... that's good" The shaggy-haired teen said exhaling.

"So awesome!" Timmy replied with mock enthusiasm. He looked over at the blonde and saw that he was searching through several of the boxes erratically. "What're you doing Chester? Looking for your future?" The buck-toothed teen joked. "Because I've seen it, and it has multiple possession charges and a cellmate named bubbles."

"Ha ha, you're hilarious" Chester spat sarcastically. He walked to the other side of the room and started rummaging through other boxes, tossing things out of them. "Besides, marijuana's basically legal in the state of California."

"Not on campus, dude" Timmy facepalmed then stood up and stretched. He was almost tall enough to touch the ceiling without standing on his toes. When he'd turned sixteen his height had risen exponentially. He still wasn't as tall as Chester though.

"What're you a Narc? As long as we don't get caught it's fine" Deciding what he was looking for wasn't in any of the boxes in their living room, he walked off to search his bedroom.

"Said every criminal ever." The brunette called out.

"Whatever, you gonna help me look or what? This is important." Chester sounded panicked so Timmy decided to let up on the ridicule. He knelt down by the boxes that were left unopened and sighed. "I'll bite, what are we looking for?"

"Smokey! I can't find him anywhere" The blonde replied looking on the verge of tears. Timmy stood up and began walking away.

"Oh no, I'm not gonna help you find a bong so you can get us both kicked out our first week here." Chester looked offended, but he donned a look of determination and went back to searching.

"Smokey the Bong is not just a bong he's my first, " he grumbled. His face lit up like a child's on Christmas morning as he pulled a long green cylinder out of a box filled with clothes. "Smokey! I knew I packed you!" He hugged the bong close to his chest.

"I thought Veronica threw that thing away?" The brunette asked, recalling a few months ago when she requested that he stop smoking pot. Chester began wiping it affectionately with his shirt.

"Oh, she did. Took me hours to find it at the dump."

"The dump?" Timmy asked with a particularly disgusted look on his face. "You washed it right?"

"Of course, I washed it. I mean, not with soap of course. Who wants the taste of soap in their mouth? Gross." Chester gave the bong an audible kiss, then rubbed it against his cheek.

Timmy cringed and walked out the door. He looked back to see Chester in a ball on the floor cradling the cylinder like a newborn baby. He could hear him whispering to himself. "Only you can prevent boredom. Yes you can, yes you can Smokey"

Timmy closed the door deciding to give Chester and his bong some time alone. At that moment, his phone buzzed from a text message. It was from Tootie.