Chapter 5: Love and War Part 1

A/N: This Arc is probably gonna be around 2-3 chapters. I rewrote this thing so many times it's not even funny. I don't think I have anything else to say this time. Huh... That's strange... I'm always sarcastic. Oh, well enjoy I guess.

"Ok, men. This is where your training has led you." The blonde haired leader looked out among his soldiers. They all possessed great looks of determination, it made their Captain proud to see them this way. All dressed in their camouflaged fatigues, their faces painted for the war that lies ahead. He shouldered his rifle and paced in front of his troops. "The enemy, they think they know about war. Know of pain and sacrifice. But let me tell you, they don't. They have no idea, of the hell that awaits them!"

"YEAH!" The troops yelled in unison, throwing their fists in the air.

"Of the PAIN! Headed their way!" he shouted

"YEAH!"

"What would you give... For the chance to come back here and tell them, that they may take our lives..." He had adopted a Scottish accent into his speech. His troops looked at each other uncertain and simply shrugged at one another. "... but they can never take our Freedom!"

"YEAH?" The troops yelled confused.

"Brothers! What we do in life... echoes in eternity!" He continued with no trace of the previous accent.

"YEAH!" They cheered once more.

"And if you find yourselves alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium and already dead. And there is no greater death than the end of hope!" Chester raised his fist expecting his troops to cheer. When they didn't he lowered his arm and cleared his throat.

"Ahem. Any questions men?" He looked out among the 19 freshmen, one of them raised their hands. "Yes, Corporal Turner." He said pointing to his friend and roommate.

"Umm, yea... how many movies are you gonna rip off?" He asked with a smirk. This caused everyone to chuckle. Chester ripped off his helmet in annoyance. The troops quieted down.

"Dude!" He said running his fingers through his mop of hair. His previously serious voice was returned to its normal tone. "Am I the only one taking this seriously Private Turner?" He asked glaring at his friend.

"Did I just get demoted?" Timmy whispered to A.J. The boy shrugged in response.

"Must I remind Lieutenant Turner and the rest of you what we're fighting for today?" He asked pacing once more.

"Look at that, a promotion so soon" A.J whispered back causing his brunette friend to snicker.

Chester cleared his throat and once again donned his serious leader voice.

"It seems as if Sergeant Turner..." Timmy rolled his eyes. "Is in need of a motivation. Why don't we recap for his sake? You all remember that three weeks ago..."

3 WEEKS EARLIER

Timmy was finding it hard to sleep with his girlfriend pinching his arm every time he nodded off. He and Chester had both gotten passing grades on an English essay. Chester only passing because Veronica threatened to break up with him if he dropped out. So the roommates spent the entirety of their night celebrating by playing the new Chainsaw Apocalypse game. After 10 hours of cutting zombies in half, the sun had come up. Prompting the two teens to close the curtains to their dorm room and retreat to bed. It was a Saturday, so there was no need to get wake up early. Or so they thought.

Timmy's dreams were always different. They were of adventures through time, space, and television. In them, he had strange abilities or sometimes even looked strange. The only constant in all these dreams were the colors. Wherever he looked, he found two items (sometimes animals) usually side by side with the colors pink and green. He didn't remember the dreams when he woke up, but whenever he dreamt of them or even saw the colors in person he would always get a warm feeling in his chest. Like a mother's embrace or a warm blanket, he would wrap himself in that feeling not knowing where it had come from.