Chapter 26: Trust Is Delicate

Harry's POV

Some annoying ass alarm clock rings about fifty billion times in the morning before I wake up. I lift my upper body up and watch the body nearly on top of me slide down onto the mattress.

I look down at the naked girl and sigh. "Great."

Trying my best not to make a sound, I scramble out of bed and reach for my boxers. Finally finding them, I slip them on and pick up my flannel and jeans. On my way out, I stare back at the light blonde laying in bed. I study her cruves and the dimple on her right cheek. Then I shake my head. She isn't Charlie.

I don't know whose apartment I am even in until I make it out of the building. I find my car in the parking lot and drive myself back to campus, attempting to recall the events of last night. Nothing.

I know I had a race and got fucked up at the after party or something. But I remember leaving and I wouldn't drive being drunk so I must have went somewhere.

I roll up the campus parking lot and slowly take my time walking to vocal class. Ill be late. So fucking what. Nothing new.

"Styles." Mr. Olson glares as I walk in to the auditorium. My eyes go straight to Charlie's seat. Empty. I feel my heart ache with every step, as I walk to my seat, a row behind hers. She really is gone.

She was never mine to keep, anyway.

~

I storm out of vocal class with far too many thoughts on my mind. I keep thinking of fucking Charlie. It isn't because she looks like Julia. She's so much more...striking.

Fuck.

Fuck Charlie. Why did she come here? Why did she leave?

She makes me feel like I have the emotions of a girl on her period.

"Harry." Someone coughs behind me. I whip around, my fists ready to just about ready to punch Louis. But it isn't Louis. My eyes narrow at the sight of Liam.

"What the fuck do you want?" I huff. Liam stands tall instead of shrinking like he always used to.

"I was wondering if you have seen Niall?"

"Why the fuck would I?" my mouth forms a line.

"I don't know. He's been weird and he went to your stupid after party thing and never came home. Did you see him?" Liam asks. I sigh and run my hand through my hair.

"No and to be honest, I don't give a shit." I glare, bumping past him and continuing down the hallway.

"Charlie, she left right?" Liam calls behind me. I halt and feel steam rise through me. I turn around with a deadly look in my eyes. All I do is nod.

"Good." Liam says, crossing his arms. My eyes narrow at him but I stand put, not letting my anger take control. Liam is right. I am glad she left.

She is safer now.

~

The day goes by and I do my usual, not paying attention in class, yada yada yada shit. It isn't until after my last class that I spot Zayn in the courtyard. I nod him over and he stands.

"Harry." He says. I look him down. Zayn is my friend. I don't blame him or Louis for wanting to bring Charlie in to Boss because I did too at a point.

It just took me too long to realize I wasn't her protector.

"Are you over being a vagina now?" Zayn smiles and I frown.

"Fuck you." I laugh and Zayn takes his lip piercing in between his teeth.