Day 9-10.

I woke up at in the middle of the night the next day, although I felt like I had just fallen asleep seconds ago. I had slept for almost twenty hours, and was once again shrouded by the dark. After a few minutes of coming to, I quickly grabbed my phone and turned on the torch.

The room was the same as when I fell asleep a day before, except my roommate must have turned the lights back off. I walked around in full panic as I rushed toward the closest light switch. I flipped it up but nothing happened, so I ran to the next and the same thing happened. It took a while for me to realize the whole town had no power. During the day I would have been alright, knowing that being in a small town sometimes means this happens. But I was losing it. I slowly walked around my house like a person making their way through a field of mines looking for candles to light. I had about 4 candles lit before I could calm down a bit. I spread the candles across the house making the house evenly dark, and sat in a corner at the back of the house, facing the window in the living room. I was scared as shit that night, though nothing at all happened.

By the time it was light outside I had been sitting in the corner playing a game on my phone for hours. The phone buzzed to remind me the battery was closer to running out, and again I ignored the notification. The charger was in my car, and I refused to leave the house, let alone my corner. As the the windows began to let in more light my head reacted with pain. I slowly got up, and grabbed a pill from my cupboard with some a water bottle that was sitting on the counter and slumped back down.

In my sleep I was a child again. I wandered the halls of my old home, and played with my servants. Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew I was supposed to be doing the exercises Izaac had instructed, but I couldn't remember who Izaac was, or the actual exercises, so I ignored the thought. I wandered into the great hall, and stared into the watching eyes of the family paintings.

I skipped away and headed towards the yard. I was about to open the door when I saw the stranger. They stood there in the middle of the yard, and stared at me. I stared back, but couldn't make out who they were. Then they began to fall apart, like a melting snowman. The feeling of fear began to creep on me as I continued to watch, until I started to cry. I stood there crying as I watched them.